Red Jump at beginning of Repeat Patterns

Sams Mom

I shy away from doing E2E within borders but today I'm giving it the old college try and am failing miserably.

First of all, I tried to fit a border within two points (start and end) but the pattern has a red jump at the start and it is included in the pattern calculation. This didn't used to happen. So, my intricate border didn't start or stop in the place I told it to.

Second, the same thing has happened trying to fit the E2E inside the borders. There is a jog at the beginning that is included in the distance so everything ended farther left than expected and in the border.

Is this difference between pattern start and stitching start a function of the new program and can I fix it or do I have to start using a calculator to figure out how to make this happen.

I am printing out the new manual as we speak, didn't think I needed it to do things I've done in the past.

If anybody is out there today, I'd love to hear some explanation.

Thanks,

Donna

Donna,are you using CQ? I am not an expert by any means, but you should be able to choose your starting point regardless of the jump stitch. I haven't had a design with a jump stitch! Look on the execute page, there must be another choice when using a jump stitch design. Maybe someone with more CQ knowledge will jump in.

Hey Darlene,

I've run it before without problems but I don't know if I have run it in the new program or not. I have been using the upgrade and this is the first time I've experienced this. I'm sure the program doesn't know I am trying something I'm not comfortable with or not. Maybe it senses my fear.

I am getting through it. Will have to do some free hand fixes but it should be finished without too much heartache.

Donna

Hi Donna,

I was doing a similar job, panto in the body and separate borders, recently on a quilt and I too found this happening. The reason I asked what patterns you were using was to see if, like Sue above mentioned, there was an inset on the starting point of the design. The patterns I was using also had an inset and I had to manually adjust so it did not stitch off the RH side. I do a trial run now before I actually flip the start stitching switch to on to see if it lines up accurately on the RH side. I had to do some freehand to correct it also, however I'd rather not if the system can do it.

How does everyone else start a pattern with an inset if you want to keep it contained in an area? Am I missing something really simple?

By the way, I am still running the old version...I haven't had time to install the new upgrade....1 1/2 quilts left to go and then I'll install the new version.

Hi Nadia

Some of your problems will not happen when you get time to change versions. I have a suggestion. Instead of doing a complete dry run to test if the design will go over the border, you could use the Restart feature and just go to almost the end of the pattern and Mark position - it might save time.

Sorry we haven't been able to work out your problem yet Donna. Have you tried writing down all the details and sending them to Butch? If it is a bug, he'd be glad to know.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Hi Sue!

Thanks for the response...I think maybe I will install the upgrade as soon as I get this quilt off the frame, my next one is half CQ and half freehand. Thanks for your suggestion too! I do use the restart feature when I do a dry run...I love that feature as I spot check across my quilt with it, and you are right it does save alot of time by using it!

I'll let you know if I am still having issues with this type of application once I have the upgrade installed. Thanks again for all the help and I hope too Donna, that your issues get resolved.

Hi Everyone,

I took a break for the Thanksgiving activities but I am back.

In both instances, the pattern is inset (to the right) of the farthest left point. But even starting at Start of Pattern, it still jogs right after you hit run.

Sue, using restart to go to the end of the pattern is a great idea, I hadn't thought of.

Nadia, thanks for hanging in there with me. Like I've hinted at before, I tend to use CQ for E2E which I love and to drop in a motif because I don't want to come up short or long when fitting things in. So far, it hasn't been an issue but I really need to figure it out so I can be full service on the computerized side of the business.

Donna

OK, four borders and none of them finished in the correct spot.

When you "Go to Row End", it goes to the correct row end (80.325,-0.025).

When you go to Restart and go to the last point in the pattern it goes to (86.954, 0.029).

There is definitely something wrong. Too frustrated and too busy to try this experiment again in the near future.

Donna

Archived