beeping sr

okay, I finally got my machine set up after some disheartening damaged pieces and still no conclusion on how APQS is going to correct it. Anyway, now I have a question.... is it normal for the SR to beep any time that its in SR mode? Its non-stop until I switch it to manual mode.

Thanks ahead of time.

Sheryl

You are correct, any time the SR is engaged you will hear the chirp. It is a safety feature that you won't be able to disconnect.

If the chirp bothers you, take it out of SR mode and re-engage when you are ready again. Believe me, you will get fast at doing this procedure soon!

After a while, you will probably get accustomed to the chirp and it will not bother you so much. When you are brand new--welcome, by the way!!---it is irritating now because you are trying to think and remember which button topushandinwhichorderandwhydidmythreadbreakandwheredoistitchnextandwhyismytensionmessedupandohwhatdidigetmyselfinto---whew!! Chime in here and everyone will help--we have all been there!! You can do this!!

(But, to quiet the chirp a little, open the back hood--see your manual to do this--and find the black "chirp box". Wrap it a few times with electrical tape and it will dampen the noise a bit.):):):)

Hi Sheryl,

Congrats on your new Lenni! Yes, it is disheartening when your baby arrives and there has been some freight damage. Rest assured that it will be rectified, unfortunately the paperwork does take a bit to work through with freight companies.

As everyone above mentioned the SR beeping is a safety feature. Without the beeping it would be hard to know if it is in SR mode or manual...and when changing bobbins...yikes!!! you will want to know when it is in SR mode! (so you can turn it off and then change the bobbin without getting a new piercing!)

Keep us posted...and remember when you have quilts done we like to see pictures! Welcome and enjoy your new toy!

Thank you for the info, I hadn't thought about it being a safety feature. Makes sense though, I am not into piercings. I am having fun so far though. We told the menfolk that we were going to go upstairs and play with Lenni while they watch football. ;) They just need to holler when the turkey beeps.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Congratulations on you new Lenni. You will have such a great time you may not even want to stop for dinner. I have been playing with my Lenni most of the day too. No turkey at this house. Hubby is sick with the flu and can't eat anyway, son is not feeling well either, so I am staying away from both of them and taking a break from cooking. Lenni doesn't mind my company but is wondering what I am doing home in the middle of the week. Have a great time with your new Lenni. And just give us a shout if you have any more questions. Jeanne

Okay, now does anyone have tips on how to train two two year olds to sleep through the machine. I have two hours in the middle of the day when the girls nap and I can't even play. :(

I am having lots of fun though. I had a night where my tension was really giving me troubles but I got it figured out last night. Now I am just flying along. There are two quilts that I have got to get done for the holidays. The one on the frame now is one for my friend that she needs to get out in the mail soon. The next one is my own. I can't wait.

When I am not actually playing with Lenni I am thinking about playing with Lenni. This must feel like what an affair feels like, its excruciatingly wonderful!:D

Sheryl

Congratulations Sheryl! Don't worry, APQS will get your damages replaced soon. I'm glad you figured out the tension issues so quickly and are already doing quilts! The kids will get used to the beep soon and won't hear it anymore than you do. I bet they know that when they hear the beep that you are playing on the machine. Have they shown any interest in it? It may just have their attention, you know how kids are afraid they're going to miss something! :D

Archived