feeling guilty

MarieBrewer

This morning I put a 91x101 quilt on the frame. Went out for turkey dinner and started on the quilt when I got home (and took a nap-bad cold). Anway, I started quilting at 3:30 and I was done by 8:00pm. I figure my per hour wage was about $20 an hour. It's not often I can make that much $. My customer is really a good quilter-always a clean quilt that is square and plenty of backing. Makes up for the $4 an hour custom jobs I let myself get into.

Sshh!! Don't tell anyone: I once earned $110 an hour, thats about $60US. I did 1 large and two smaller quilts that day with the pattern Inkblot. Did I feel guilty - no way, I phoned my husband and told him what I had earned and he volunteered to resign and be a house husband!!!

Marie - just enjoy it - not everything was meant to be hard.

Happy Thanksgiving

Sue in Australia

:P:PYour silly....Its great that you were able to average this amount for this quilt...feeling guilty, nope wouldn't go there, because reality will set in really soon and the next 3 will be in the negative side and then the humbling part will sit in real soon. I hate reality...it sucks at times.:(

Here's wishing that the next 100 quilts will average that high....so the jinx I just put on you has been erased. :cool:

Get over the guilt!! Are you kidding?

We are all worth it!

Guilt is non productive to anyone!

You deserve it. I love when I make a little quick money on an occasional quilt. So often that is not the case!

It's okay for you too. I too love the CL Swirls! Thankfully it is popular and quick. That's how we pay for those!

Bonnie :D

Archived