Can I join?

I've been 'lurking' and learning so much from all of you since August; it is time to say 'thanks for sharing so much info' and what a great group you all are.

I am a lifetime sewer - sewed for others as a business for several years. Made my own clothes, my mothers and, of course, my kids. Have been quilting the past 10 years and find that it is my passion! I love the time I spend in my sewing room, there is just never enough time. But I am looking forward to retirement soon - guess I didn't mention that I am a nursing home administrator, for the last 35 years.

Anyway, I purchased my millicent a year ago, love to use it and am feeling more confident all the time. My goal is to quilt my own quilts and do some for others as a business. I know that I cannot retire without a new goal to work toward.

So my plan is to keep visiting the forum, learning and being encouraged by all of you -

Patsy in Nebraska (Note: my user name ends in 'T' instead of 'Y' - Patsy was already in use!)

Hello, Patsy and Karen, Glad to have you join us.. wish others would.. we only bite once in a while.. lots of helpful info here, archives at bottom of first page of more specific info are great too.

Please do post picts too. we all do, well most do, always fun to see the beauty, or progress something new, etc.

RitaR

Wow, you all made me feel so good -- so welcome! I think quilters must all be special people, it is so apparent anytime a group gets together.

I live in the very western part of the state, almost to the South Dakota border on Highway 20 -- Chadron is to the west, Scottsbluff south. We are not too far from Mount Rushmore.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you -- love to be at Sheri's in March -- if work and weather permit.

Thanks for making my day (evening?) --

Patsy

Hi Patsy,

Nice to get you located. Our state guild held its meeting in Chadron last summer and I drove that hiway. Our son lives in Rapid City and has spent summers in Crawford and Alliance so we have been in that neck of the woods many times.

I have learned so much from this group. Just jump in with both feet!!!

Archived