Bonnie's Starch-n-Steam saves the day AGAIN!!!

Wow!! I just finished a quilt that was SAVED by the starch and steam!!! I had it all loaded up and the top looked like a sheet looks on a bed after someone had jumped all over on the bed!!! It had LOTS of pieces!!!! I had to starch and steam with each roll the ENTIRE quilt!! But it worked and it turned out fine!! Everytime my DH walked into the room, I would say, 'Man! I can't believe how well this works!! I am so thankful for knowing how to do it!!' He got to the point where he told me he already knew it worked!!!:) I LOVE this forum and what it has taught me!!!! I don't know what I would have done with that quilt if I didn't know how to do that !!! I thanked you over and over again that day, Bonnie! Did you hear me? :D linda

We've had so many wavy borders this year.... I think I am going to buy stock in the starch company! I keep a starch can in one hand and a steamer in the other! We need to create a super hero with Bonnie's name across the cape!

"Why are there so many quilts with waves..."

"Where is Bonnie to save the day?"...

(Now sing the above to the Kermit the frog song)

My goodness, it is way too late tonight!

Does anyone use a ironing press? I had one and wish I still did.. trying to decide if I really can get one.. I used it all the time to press fabric, and it saved so much time and wear and tear on the joints...

If you have, what do you or do you not like about it for pressing backing, and tops with a and B cups and wavy borders?

RitaR

the wavy borders seem to be the norm. when i get a square quilt i almost jump for joy. but, it's good to know how to work with them. using the starch and steam before loading seems to help with the smaller waves.... thanks bonnie. and i always measure, measure, measure. and when i can't believe what i'm seeing - i measure again. :D

Archived