micro suede/no beep

Hi All, has anyone quilted a quilt made with micro suede?. If so is it a pain in the butt or just like cotton?. Also this morning when I turned Charlotte on she did not give me the ding dong sound. She is stitching just fine. Any Ideas?. Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

Obvious question, Nora--does the SR work from the front? And also from the back handles? If so, maybe your chirper has croaked it's last! Never heard of that before--something new.

About micro suede--or ultra suede--stitches fine, but do a test piece first. The hopping foot may smash the nap as you move across and leave a "trail" down the stitching line. If you can run your hand across the fabric and erase the trail, go for it. If the trail is permanent, maybe adjust the foot up a tiny bit to alleviate the trail. Remember as well that if you need to un-stitch, the holes will be very noticeable--I bet not as bad on the micro suede, but ultra suede is pretty unforgiving.

Use a new needle. I just did a T-shirt quilt with T-shirts on front and back. I used a titanium needle and zipped through all layers of rubber-y shirts plus poly batting.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Hi Nora,

Give Amy a call and discuss the lack of your "hello" chirp when you start up..it may be nothing or it may be something to look into. My machine stopped it's "hello" chirp to me very early in our relationship...shortly after I blew it's fuses...and at that time Amy was not concerned with it....there is no difference in my machines operation without it, I just miss my morning "hello", that's all.

Heidi,

I think the newer machines don't greet you with the hello chirp that Nora is talking about. I was at her house once, and when her machine greeted me I about jumped out of my skin because my girl doesn't do that. Nora, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you said yours is a 2004, and mine is a 2006.

Archived