compuquilter cables

KerryM

So, is everyone ready for Christmas??? I like to think I am, but when I really think about it I will still be getting ready on Boxing Day!

I was trying to finish up a quilt I promised for Friday, and noticed the last row of my E2E is less perfect that the row before. The tight circular corners, and ins and out are not smooth. I run a practice piece and the head seems to jerk when it gets into a tight corner. I tightened the clamp that you attach the head to the cable, they don't move. So I am wondering if it would be the the tightness of the actually cable on that little wheel. Does any of that make sense?How tight is that cable suppose to be? and does any one have any tips on how to tighten it!?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica Schick once posted that the X and Y cables should be about the tautness of finely tuned guitar strings. You do need to check them regularly as new ones will stretch for several weeks while and older ones might stretch. Mine are 3 years old and I haven't had to adjust them for quite some time but I don't quilt every day.

Archived