What are you asking Santa for this year?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when did NEED come into Christmas!! Come on ladies - that is what Christmas is all about!! It isn't the things you NEED that you ask for from Santa. :) It is the things that you would love to have but know you shouldn't really - that is what Christmas is for!! Special treats.;)

Much as I know that Churches and Charities will appreciate all that we can give them my feeling is that it is better to ask people to donate on your behalf!! Otherwise you receive gifts from people, and they get told you have given their present to charity! :( Whilst the Charity or church lucks in I feel sorry for the friends who luck out!! I was caught out the "wrong" side of that deal once - and I now give to Charity on behalf of those friends - but the rest get gifts - maybe little gifts, but gifts all the same!!

Anyway - whatever you all do for Christmas I hope that you all have a fabulous time and that you can be together with your family - and not fight!!!!! Merry Christmas!!

I have asked DH for a "time" gift before a "thing" gift.

Dinner out,or a movie, or start working on my treadle machine.

For my birthday we found a treadle in the midst of being refurbished. It was only $7.50 YEP!!!

It is in pieces, but my neighbor assured us (it was her grandmothers) that everything is there, just needs a

new finish.

vg

Okay, I mentioned an air compressor to DH when it first came up on another topic. He laughed. But yesterday I was out in his shop where I've been painting some kids furniture I bought at an auction for DD's room and used his big 120 HP compressor to dust things off out there.

Holy macaroni!!!!!! If I had one that size I'd never have to dust with a cloth again!!!!!!!! Just walk around the house with the hose and blast dust into the ether from 3 feet away!

I had so much fun in the shop (no one could breathe for all the dust in the air) and he said "I know, I'm looking for one for you. But it won't be THIS big!"

Originally posted by Bonnie

Originally posted by matildanme

So does this mean you've seen "The Quilt" up close and personal? If so what did you think?

No actually I have been wanting an excuse to go see it and NOW I HAVE it....I have driving past the Museum several times and either said I would come back later or it was to late in the day to stop.....;):P;)

LINDA...you made me laugh.....I was well into my 30's before I got to sit at the big people table....we have so many brothers and sisters, Nieces and Nephews that us older kids had to help the little guys and of course the older older sisters and hubby's and parents got the table.... Now parents are gone and a new crop of kids to help the now younger ones SO I GOT TO SIT at the big kids table.... I was so smug! I mentioned it at the table and the older two sisters there...stopped and looked at each other and had to agree that this was my first time. :cool:

You cracked me up, too! I was MARRIED before I got to sit at the big people's table, then the next year, got demoted again! roflol

Thanks Rita and Kreacher, I had already checked out those sites but get conflicting answers. One says 1925 and the other says Clydebank, Scotland, 1930. Either way it's o.k. by me. I love this machine and it is in such good condition and the total price was super. Just felt like it was waiting for me to buy it.

With both of us quilting, we decided to ask Santa for some new Off the Edge rulers. Since we are pretty new and don't do this full time we think this will help us do a better job. We like that they have the tabs that are the width of the hopping foot to help you line up for stitch in the ditch. Hope we did this right, it is our first posting.

Not much on my list this year. Maybe a Lady Antebellum CD or Josh Groban (love his stuff!). Maybe a new camera cuz mine died. I am keeping things simple this year. Not a lot of time to shop.

But really, my list is small because we're headed to Jamaica for my BD in Feb. :cool:

Wouldn't it be wonderful to wake up Christmas morning and find lots of pressies under the tree, family all around (not fighting) and when you turn the radio or tv on there are newsflashes saying the global credit crisis was all just a big mistake and as an added bonus world peace had just been declared. Dreaming I know but dreams are cheap.

Bonnie you are a treasure, I am sure Satu can't wait to receive her special gift from the US.

Quilters should rule the world, we would just wrap everyone in love.

So my Christmas wish is Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All Men.

I hope everyone has a special Christmas no matter where you are in the world.

Karen

Since my DH surprised me with my Emma I think I'm covered for at least 2 - 3 years!! Actually he gave me another surprise last week...he had our son's ring made into a pendant for me and included the gold chain!

Our son, Greg, wore this ring everyday after he got it. It's a square with a litlle diamond in one corner and 2 diagonal strips of onyx in the opposite diagonal corner. The surface has a brushed finish.

Greg died in 1991 at age 22. Guess what I'd really love to have?

I use mine instead of canned air to blow out the bobbin area and the tension disks. I like that I can change the psi on the compressor. I don't have to leave it on all the time. I turn it on for a couple minutes while I am getting ready to start quilting. I turn it off and then clean the bobbin area and usually have enough pressure to blow out several bobbin changes. And I am not sending canned air cans to the landfill.

Okay, I told my son I wanted an air compressor to clean out my machine, and he told me that they also throw out some moisture. So have any of you experienced that at all? I still like the idea of the compressor, but not if it will rust things up in the bobbin area. I would like to hear what you all have to say about that.

Archived