Help - Lenni needle up/down won't turn off

roberta

Hi everyone,

I know I have seen this subject before but can't find it.

I left my machine with the needle down last night so I would remember where I was. I just went to turn my machine on and hit the up/down button and the needle just keeps running. If I turn the power on it goes faster. This happens in manual and stitch regulator mode.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Otherwise I can call APQS tomorrow.

TIA

Not sure what to say about your problem - could be lots of reasons - most of which are simple to solve - call Amy! But I never leave my Millie over my quilt when I leave. Instead I leave a brightly colored pin at the exact spot where I want to quit for the day. I can quickly go back to that exact spot the next day and I can also warm up my machine properly. I have learned that Miss Ribbit always runs better when she is given the proper chance to warm up. Good luck!!!

Well I just did find a thread about this problem on the Milli and John said to adjust a little brass screw cw in the front of the machine . Mary Beth said the #8 screw.

However, I forgot to mention that I have a Lenni and I don't think it would be the same for that machine. I think I will change my title so when I have the problem solved others will be able to find it under Lenni.

Thanks Meg for the tips. I did not know about warming up my machine and the pin idea is excellent.

Roberta,

I would call Amy too. Your problem I think is a little different from the problems normally discussed with with up/down function. Normally it happens over time and will start going up/down multiple times but I don't know that it would be normal to do it when you turn it on. I set my needle up/down very slow because when the machine is colder it is slower but once it gets warmed up it works just fine. If you have to adjust it it is very easy to do. Maybe your screw just needs a little tweak.

Thanks Heidi,

It does seem a little wierd. DH and I did some trouble shooting and I know its not the switch because it happens from front and back. We also tested some other things and it is looking like I need to call Amy tomorrow because I don't want to accidently turn the wrong screw, or maybe it is just the circut board. Both look pretty easy to deal with.

I appreciate your input.

Hi Roberta,

The #8 screw on the Lenni is behind the back cover, not under the top cover as with the Millies. It is very easy to adjust. Call Amy in the am and go over your problem with her to make sure that this simple adjustment is what you are needing to do on your machine. She will guide you through the adjustment if that is the case.

My Lenni did the same thing when I first got it for awhile. It took a few adjustments thru the whole on the back of the machine above the handle grips on the right side. you will see a little whole get your flashlight and look into that whole you will see a little brass colored screw. You only have to turn it slightly to make a change. I believe if it is going to fast you would have to loosen it to the left and if too tight it would be to the right. Just change it a little at a time and you will see what happens. Kind of like adjusting your bobbin case. APQS can guide you through it if you call them. They helped me locate mine on the Lenni and adjust it, now if it starts to happen again I can fine tune it. Good Luck

Thanks everyone!! By some strange miracle I just went in to test it before calling Amy and walah it is working just fine. :). I am going to test it again in a while when the house warms up.

At least now I know what to do if it happens again. I appreciate all of your input. May you all have something this good happen to you today too :)

• 5 months later...

Archived