Fun Facts-What I have learned

I hope you all have something to share.

I thought of another one. I bought this new rotary cutter that shuts by itself because I heard of some cutting their feet when dropping the cutter.....

the next day when trying it out, I dropped it, landed right on the top of my foot. I pretty much was SOLD on that.

My hubby usually finds mine too but I did manage to find one once and it was ugly! The needle broke off in my foot and it required a trip to the ER and more cutting. It was a mess! LOL I had a 16 month old and 2 month old and they told me to stay off my foot for 4 weeks....yeah right! Oh and hubby was on active duty in the Marine Corp...sure I can stay off my feet for 4 weeks. Needless to say after that I have been much more careful about my pins!

Holding a bunch of pins in your mouth while chewing gum ...and then sneezing??? And the pins and gum stay put? Now THAT is talent for sure! :P Knowing me, I'd swallow the gum and a pin and the rest would go flying everywhere.

When I was in 3rd grade, I was at a friends house and stepped on a sewing needle in the carpet. The only thing showing was white thread dangling out of the ball of my foot. I hopped on the back of my friend's bike and she took me home and my dad drove me to the emergency room to get the broken and twisted needle removed. I still remember that day very vividly. :) I remember the doctor showing me the xray with the broken needle inside my foot, the doctor giving me a novocaine shot to operate on my foot (I got 6 stitches, I think) and my dad was standing there while I got the needle removed. I remember I was really sad because it was summer time and I couldn't swim for several weeks while the stitches were healing. It seemed like forever to me because when I was a kid I lived in that swimming pool.

There are never any pins in this mouth. I taught Home Ec and that was a no, no and I had to lead by example. Plus, you might just put a pin in your mouth that just came out of another mouth or they used it to scratch somewhere. I'd tell the kids there were all kinds of wormies on those pins and needles to keep them out of their mouths. Still to this day I can teach a class of adults and they will laugh because I tell them "careful, the iron is hot" or "careful, the rotary cutter will get your finger." Habit, I guess.

Archived