We're supposed to get snow!

Bonnie, at least you are ready. If our power goes out, I guess we'll just freeze. In our other house we have underground wiring and were never without power. Plus, we had natural gas and a wood buring fireplace that was huge and would heat the entire house. The water never froze because the house was build up off the ground but was sealed and the heat from the fireplace kept the crawlspace toastie. Here we have power. That's it. It scares the heck out of me. We do have a generator but it only keeps a bit of stuff going - not the entire house. Mike does have propane in his "outdoor kitchen" but you'd freeze your pants off using it. But I have lots of quilts!!!!:D:D Really, I hope you don't have any power problems and I hope everyone stays safe. Have I said Merry Christmas?

Originally posted by Just Sew Simple

Mike does have propane in his "outdoor kitchen" but you'd freeze your pants off using it.

As long as you are well ventilated you can use the "outdoor stuff" in the garage, open the small door a bit and that should be enough clean air to prevent carbon monoxide....at least you can have hot cakes and eggs....quick and filling.:cool:

Originally posted by Bonnie

I didn't need to hear that....:P

Ooooops! Did you hear the national news tonight they said this could play out for a few days!!!!! I'm glad I'm not going in tomorrow because I'm sure it will be ugly. RPI won't close. It never has in the 6 years I've been here and they have only ever closed 2 hours early twice. Luckily my boss lets me use my judgement and me and my assistant go home when it gets bad. Plus we have finals going on so they won't close unless they have no choice!

Stay safe and warm, all!

We expect freezing temps tonight and snow overnight here and there.

With mountains on two sides and the Puget Sound in between, we have interesting rain/snow "shadows" in Washington.

My sis twenty miles north may get six inches of snow and we get zip.

Or the other way around.

Bundle up and pile on the quilts!

Archived