customer custom quilt done!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you guys are too nice! Thank you so much for making me feel great!

Darlene - I have had my milli for 1 1/2 years and I had stretched machined with no SR for about a year before that. I have been a hand quilter for 26 years but never enjoyed machine quilting at all. Quilting on the DSM was horrible and I didn't enjoy it at all! I found a stretched machine for under 2,000 and that was the perfect way for me to see if I would ever like machine quilting. I did a pretty decent job on it but with my love for ruler work I really wanted a SR. I used my other machine to do SID but it is so much harder!

Pat - I don't have a ton of customers that are willing to pay for custom but I have a few. This lady was a visitor to our guild and I had showed a quilt I had done for my son and she liked my work. The quilt was for her daughter and to hang in her family room. I really loved the colors she chose. I told her it would cost her .04 a sq inch after she told me what she wanted. I got what I asked for. I did give her a 10% guild discount. She also bought wool batting from me. If I remember right the quilt was about 92 x 78 or something like that. I love coming up with designs that just make a quilt sing. Makes a girl feel good!

Originally posted by Quiltsinmotion

Your quilting is wonderful very very nice . Any advice on ruler work ?

someday maybe with lots of ppppppp I will get RULER work to work for me :P

Carol,

For me the key is to not hold that ruler with a death grip. Make sure you have grippers on the bottom of the ruler though! I think the instinct is to push the hopping foot along the ruler and push the ruler into the hopping foot. The key to making it easy for me is to set the ruler and apply pressure where the hopping foot is located. I keep moving my hand down to keep my hand where the hopping foot is. I use the side of my hand mostly to hold the ruler in place. That way I'm not having to move all the time and I can get a good 5" section stitched. It does take a lot of PPPPPPPPPPPP'ing. Chocolate helps!

Archived