customer custom quilt done!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Heidi! Hey, I was looking at my favorites trying to decide how to quilt a quilt I got today, and came across this. Question. The outside border with the hearts and feathers, did you freehand that or did you have a stencil? They all seem so perfectly the same, I am thinking you had a stencil or something... I have 2 quilts to do for the quilt guild's raffle. Trying to decide what to do with them. I might try to post some pics later tonight to see what you all think!!:) Thanks! Again...... I LOVE this quilt!!! linda

Linda,

I did not use a stencil for the whole feather. I did make a stencil for the spine so that it was consistant and then I freehanded the rest. I was really nervous about doing that but after I got a couple done I relaxed about it. I did have to have a little talk with myself and tell myself to put on my big girl pants and just do it :P:P:P! LOL it all worked out.

Thanks Heidi!! I was wondering how you made your spine consistant! duh!! Make a stencil!! How easy is THAT! Thanks for the good idea! Well, I tell ya, that is just beautiful! I really need to get the bump bump feathers down. They are so pretty, but I can't seem to get them. I can do them on my magna-doodle, but not with the machine!!:o I can do the other kind, but they do look different. off to ppp!!:P Thanks again, Heidi! linda

Thanks for all the compliments. It was a fun quilt to challenge myself on. I was very pleased with how it came out and my customer was happy too.

Linda for the bb feathers I learned the most by using a stencil first and I just kept ppp. Then once I had a good feel for the direction and shape I just drew the spine and went from there. I still can't draw to save my life! There are days I go to the machine and I just can't make it do what I want it to do either so on those days I do a panto or mark more than I normally would. You really do just have to find your rhythm. I do love my stencils though! If I find the perfect feather for an area I use it. If not I make and spine and go from there.

Archived