Have you ever Quilted in front of a group?

......and has that group been a bunch of COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I had the pleasure of doing just that today!

The City of Fountain held their annual COWBOY CHRISTMAS.

Basically, the whole city comes to Downtown and there are Vendors, Choirs, Hayrides, a Yule Log Hunt and of course, Santa and Mrs Claus for the kids. Its a fun event.

Nani and I are open on Saturdays so I was in the shop Quilting on one of my last Christmas quilts for the season.

A couple of of customers had gathered around to watch me quilt. No Big deal. Then all of the sudden, all these Men had come into the shop to see what I was doing.

I tell you what, I was sweating bullets. Literally!!

Then they started taking pictures of me!!! OMG I could have died.

Well, They went and told there friends, so they had to come in and watch me quilt.

By the end of the event, I was okay with all the attention, but boy was I out of my element in the beginning!!

(I must admit though, It was kinda fun!!)

Just thought I 'd share with you all.

Have a great day!

Laura

I'm getting better about people (my family) watching me quilt. But when I first started quilting it really bothered me if someone would watch. I had a group of quilters out cuz they wanted to see my machine and they watched me for a little while...I don't know...something about fellow quilters, you just feel comfortable around them. And it was fun to let them try to follow the panto I was doing. They realized it's not that easy!

Well Laura, you know, cowboys and farmers like all that big equipment! I can hear it now "come see what a big sewing machine that gal's runnin'". :P

At least that's why the guys in my house find it interesting, DH is a displaced farmer.

I agree, this could be your ice breaker into teaching!!!!!

Laura now you are a wonderful Quilter. ENJOY the attention when you can. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

I would love all that. I'm like a kid going "See what I can do" Na na na na na NAAAAA lolol Anyway men think they have seen all the equipment known to man and when they see a quilt machine it intrigues them to figure it all out. lololol They can't help theirselves. My husband is like that. He know more about my machine than I do. He gets it. lol

Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

Grammie Tammie

Laura how cool! You are going to be a superstar!! The wives or girfriends are going to be bringing theirs quilt tops to you or want you to teach them or come to you to buy a long arm.....maybe you should be a dealer???

Sure wish someone had taken a picture of all these guys watching you so you could post a pic for us.

Hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Renae Gamel

Archived