monofiliment

Hi Nora,

www.sewartinternational.com/invisible-nylon-thread/

They have 3000 yd cones of clear or smoke for $8.09 each. Don't buy the smoke--I have a humonguous cone I will bring to the next Moxie meeting that you can have. I have never used it. If you need it before January, I can ship it and you can pay me back the shipping charges when I see you next.

I hope you are having a great holiday season, but I know you are probably still working on customer quilts--like me! One to finish tomorrow and a lap-size kid's top and I am done!!

Merry Christmas

Hi Linda, thanks for the info and yes if you want to get rid of the smoke mono I would use Also do you change anything on your tension or bobbin the mono?. One more queen size customer quilt and I'm done. Putting the binding on two quilts for my lady with ms. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Nora

Hi Nora,

I haven't tried using mono both top and bottom. I usually pair with SewFine in the bobbin. Loosen the top tension so the mono doesn't stretch and don't use all three holes in the guide above the tensioner. Loosen your bobbin to match the top and stitch out a test sample. I love Monopoly and just recently started using Monolon. I like it as well.

Archived