Thinking about buying

I really like my Lenni too, and I can't think of any cons. It is a great machine for the money, you have all the APQS technology as Joanne above mentioned including the single stitch and needle positioner function. One "pro" to mention is the acutal quilting surface you get with the Lenni....around 15" - 16"....can't beat that! Get a hold of your closest APQS rep and/or go to one of the larger quilting events if you can and take one for a test drive. This way you'll get a feel for it too. Also, do a search on the older posts on this forum and you'll find alot of info too. Of course, you can ask any questions here too and someone will answer them!

Kathy,

I can't help you on the Lenni but I can say that I have a APQS machine and you can't beat their customer service! They are a wonderful company and build a fantastic product. The Lenni was not available when I got my machine but it has many of the features of my Millenium. You'll love it! The price is very good especially when you compare to the other models on the market. Good luck. It is a difficult choice.

I love my Penny Lenni... she gets stubborn sometimes with tension for various threads,, but usually stitches pretty well.. Love the SR, I have the old white table, two piece. I don''t like that nor do I like the fact that it doesn''t have fabric advance for those of us full of arthritis. Hubby just made me a manual, advance like a crank.. much easier on the hands and wrists. She loves metalic threads, hates bottom line in the bobbin, doesn''t really like lava and does just a little better with King Tut. Cust. serv. is wonderful, And the forum is a great help too.

RitaR

Hi Kathy,

If you're interested in a machine, also consider Tina Collins' machine for sale. It's used 2007 (almost brand new) Millennium and it's her personal machine and it comes with extras. She's an APQS dealer. Here's the link with more info. Give her a call and talk about it. Where are you located? She's in Missouri.

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=13956

I have had my Lenni for a few weeks so far and am having a blast with it. I had been looking at another brand and it was a toss up between the two. I was really impressed with APQS and their customer service, any question I had before hand they were great about answering for me. The other big thing was that the other brand had metal gears where the Lenni has a replacable (guaranteed) belt that would be way easier to fix if you had big problems down the line. I live out in a remote place where I have not had the opportunity to go take classes but I really fell that the help APQS gives you really helped me out in my situation. Its a pretty user friendly machine, I have had tension issues (I think you would have with any machine) and they have been relatively easy to self resolve.

Also, I have mentioned previously that due to my location there was some damage when I received my machine. It takes a couple different freight companies to get anything to my location so no one was willing to take blame for the damage since multiple companies had been in possession of it. APQS has shipped me new parts at their cost and I am not having to deal with fighting the freight companies, they are dealing with it at their end.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I would be glad to share my point of view.

Sheryl

I have a Lenni and it is the second best thing I have ever chosen. My husband was the first. Lenni fits my space just as I wanted her to. She is as easy to use as my domestic sewing machine. She is easy to clean, easy to work on (I haven't had a major thing yet) and she is handy. I would have gone larger but not smaller. I ran right past several machines to get to Lenni because if her 20" throat. I am short so anything longer would have been a waste. I love, love, love her and the more I get to know her the better I love her. I don't know where you ae from but if you lived near me you could test drive her. (Like Shana said there are good deals on here all the time. Take a look at them also.+This forum is another great feature of the Lenni. I love the ladies on here. They are so supportive and so helpful and I always feel so lifted up after posting here. Good luck and remember whatever you decide it will be the right thing for you. S

I also have a Lenni and I love it. I have had mine for over a year and I have not had any problems with various threads. I use Bottom Line all the time in my bobbins with no tension issues. The manual you get with the machine will answer most of your questions and the people on this forum will always help too. I'm sure with APQS you will have no regrets. Happy choosing.

Archived