What's your favorite Christmas movie?

My sister has the leg lamp from The Christmas Story. She has this beautiful victorian house with the circlular front porch. Has it filled with antiques and decorates so beautifully. She got the leg lamp from her son last Christmas and it proudly sits in the TV room. She cannot bring herself to put it away during the year either. It was still there last summer. Oh, and of course, it came in a crate marked "fragile". Remember in the movie he reads the crate and says "frageelay".

I think The Christmas Story brings back so many memories. Like when we were little my mom would bundle us up like that little boy in the movie so we couldn't even bend. We would be outside for hours and hours in the winter. We were always sledding or ice skating. Come to think of it, I think our mom was just trying to get rid of us! Just kidding. Kids these days don't know what they are missing.

Can you guess? Our family fav is Christmas Story. Our son's gift to Den two years ago.....

Yes, a place of honor in the front window. I also have the ornament with the crate and lamp inside. Open the door and it has dialog from the movie--"It's a major award" "Frageelay", etc.

Yes, we are dorks.

Merry Christmas to all my family here!

post--13461900921575_thumb.jpg

I just informed my kids that tonight we are all going to watch A Christmas Story..we havent watched that movie in a couple of years...each year we keep adding new Christmas movies to our collections so some of the older movies we have may not be viewed every Christmas...

Here's the list of our Holiday Movie Collection...

1)It's A Wonderful Life

2)Unaccompanied Minors

3)The Polar Express

4)The Santa Clause (1, 2, & 3)

5)Thomas Kincade's Christmas Cottage

6)All I Want For Christmas

7)Fred Claus

8)If You Believe

9)A Different Kind of Christmas

10)Deck the Halls

11)A Christmas Story

12)The Family Stone

13)Surviving Christmas

14)Jingle All the Way

15)The Holiday

16)Miracle On 34th Street (old & new)

17)The Grinch (cartoon & Jim Carey)

18)The Nativity Story

19)Elf

20)Christmas With the Kranks

21)A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott)

22)Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

23)Frosty the Snowman (& Frosty Returns)

24)Santa Claus is Comming to Town

25)The Little Drummer Boy

26)A Charlie Brown Chrisatmas (& It's Christmas time again, Charlie Brown)

27)National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (VHS)

28)The Muppet Christmas Carol (VHS)

29)George Balanchine's The Nutcracker (VHS)

30)Scrooged (Bill Murray & is on VHS)

31)Jack Frost (Michael Keaton & VHS)

32)Snow Day (VHS)

33)Twas the Night Before Christmas (VHS)

34)The Year Without A Santa Claus (VHS)

35)Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" (VHS)

Thanksgiving specific movies...

1)A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

2)Home For the Holidays

Boy...I didn't realized that I had so many...lol

However I must get the DVD versions of the VHS Christmas movies :P Now you know why we may not watch all of the movies each year.

We need a lamp like that...:D:P My favorite part in the movie when dad says "fagile" wrong. My DBIL is the same way...he says stuff wrong and doesn't realize it...cracks me and DH up...we make fun of him all the time (behind his back of course :D). We figure he would say "fragile" the exact same way :D

This is a great thread.:)

My very favorite is A Wonderful Life. Donna Reed was my cousin, so it always brings back an extra meaning to me.

I have always loved Miracle on 34th st and White Christmas.

The little Drummer Boy.

As I read through everyones list I realize there are so many I really enjoy.

Our Grandson surprised us all with getting a Chrismas leave and arriving this morning. Some of our family will not be able to get here this year due to the huge amount of snow storms we are having here.

I wish everyone a wonderful, safe and happy Holiday. I continue to pray for those that are less fortunate than we are.

Carolj.

Diane;

I use to watch the old black & white version of the Bishop's Wife with my mom when I was little, but have to admit I do like the Whitney Houston remake of it...she has a great voice :)

This afternoon I did a search Best buy.com to see if I could find the dvd versions of my VHS Christmas movies, and they had all but 2 so I ordered them because they were a good price and they will be delivered by Christmas Eve!

Archived