bobbin case with pigtail

Meg, are you having problems with your bobbin tension and that is why you are asking about getting a bobbin case with a pigtail? Some of my longarm friends who own Gammill use the pigtail bobbin case but I've not heard of anyone with APQS using the pigtail. I have several spare bobbin cases handy if I need them. One bobbin case I keep set for Bottom Line tension and the other bobbin case I have set for SoFine. I have a spare case in case I drop one and it goes flying and gets dinged and banged up (Sure to bet wouldn't that happen to me??? ;):D

PS: I could be wrong but perhaps these L-Size pigtail bobbins are mainly designed for the embroidery machines?

Shana - no I am not having trouble - just curiosity killed the cat - or so the saying goes. Any way these bobbin cases are listed for long arms at quilttech.com - not embroidery. That is why I asked the question. I do use the bobbin genies and like those - may be in my head but think using them it has made the stitches on the back better and more consistent which is good for me since I don't always quilt at a steady pace - still working on that. Am also getting the hang of determining the tension better - it's ok to see the bobbin thread in the hole of the stitch! Loved Dawn's video!

I use the pigtail with Bottom Line on my Milli - works a treat. I have been working on a quilt with lots of different top threads - So Fine, Madeira metallic, Bottom Line, Isacord with the same Bottom Line gold thread underneath and have only had to tweak the top tension screw occasionally.

Must finish my coffee break and get back to it as my family won't let me quilt over Christmas and this quilt has an outrageous amount of stitching on it!:P

LINZI x

Archived