Longarm Quilt Guild in Colorado

A question for those of you in the Colo Springs/Pueblo/Canon City area. My aunt has a Millie and I'm trying to get her in touch with a longarm quilt guild that has similar machines. She goes to one in Pueblo, but they all have HQ16 machines.

Is there a longarm quilt guild in this area that you belong to? If you can, please respond or U2U me any information about the guild.

Thanks!!

Debbi

Hi Debbi,

She is welcome to give me a call Debbi. I'm in Westcliffe and also have two apqs machines. With that said it doesn't matter what machine you have.

I've just recently signed up at the local quilt shop to recieve the guild information. I am looking forward to attending. I attended one in Fountain a few months ago.

Barb in Canon City can help her as well. I think she attends all the meetings. I just wanted time to get settled in. Plan to attend starting the New year. That is if I'm not snowed in. lol

There are alot of HQ 16 as there is a dealer for that machine in Canon City.

Wish her well.

PS. Has she been quilting very long?

Grammie

Debbi,

Laura Farnham is involved with the Guild in Colorado Springs. The quilt store in Colorado Springs is also an APQS dealer and they sometimes meet there so there are definitely some APQS machiners there.

I can't think of the name of the store but you can find it on the dealer page. Laura also is the owner of NaLa's or LaNa's in Fountain. Hope that helps.

Donna

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll pass it on to her. She is really anxious to get into a guild with some other APQS users.

Grammie - She bought her machine in April and I think it was installed around June. She has talked to Tracey on the phone a few times, but I don't think very recently. She is in Pueblo West and said that Tracey was about 20 minutes away. I'm not sure how far you are from Pueblo. I'll give her the info to contact you. Thanks!!

Debbi

Here's the skinny on the meetings I know of in Colorado Springs and Denver areas:

Pueblo - Stitcher's Garden, 319 Union St - 3rd Wednesday of the month - 1:00 to 3:00 pm Next meeting is January 21st. Open to all machiners including those who are considering buying a LA

Colorado Springs - Meets every other month at members homes or quilt shops in the Springs. Meetings are 9:30 a.m. to noon. (Contact: DonnaPeterson9@earthlink.net) Next meeting is on January 8th, I believe. Open to all machiners including those who are considering buying a LA

Denver - Deb Geissler leads a LA meeting at the Englewood Library, Santa Fe & Hampton Avenues - 10:00 am to noon. Several times a year the meetings are held at Tomorrow's Heirlooms in Westminster around 120th St. Next meeting is January 26th. Open to all machiners including those who are considering buying a LA (Donna Steir : bearwinsisters@comcast.net)

I'd suggest contacting the quilt shops in the Springs and/or contacting the Colorado Quilting Council (ColoradoQuiltCouncil.com) Since they travel all over Colorado for their meetings, someone should know if there are other meetings close to Pueblo and the Springs.

Hope this helps.

I've only gotten to go to one of the guild meetings ONCE.... EVER!!! It was a lot of fun cuz I was with my partners in crime Barb and Tammie, but I don't get to do it very often because of kid schedules.

Barb remind me for the Denver one, if mom can watch Tehya after preschool, and take Tanner to school so I can leave early, maybe I can go finally.

Yes Debbi I visited w/your aunt a couple of times. She seems really nice.

Is she having trouble or just wanting to find someone to play with? I'm actually about 45 minutes away from her (and Tammie is about 40 minutes past me) but if she wants to come play with me she'd be welcome to!

THe APQS dealer in Colorado Springs is High Country Quilts

http://www.hcquilts.com/

They also sell Berninas. The newest totally cool Bernina is a midarm with gigantic embroidery capabilty and 1100 built in stitches. In January Bernina will be introducing a midarm without the embroidery feature.

No affiliation, but I really like the store owners.

Janet Mohler

Colorado Springs

Archived