Igloo building 101

Some of you may or may not know that the PNW has been experiancing quite a bit of snowfall this past week and I heard today more is expected. I heard on the news that the last time Seattle had 4 inches of snow was in 1974. Some of our snow drifts are measuring in several feet here. I hope that all of you affected by the snow are staying warm and safe during this time.

Hubs and I decided to build an igloo. Keep in mind neither of us have EVER had the opportunity to try this ever before in our lives so once you see this palace, try to keep your laughter to a minamum.

There are several pictures and I have never figured out how to add multiple photos to one post so bear with me while I take you through our experiance.

Have a happy holiday friends and know that I now have an extra room if anybody wants a sleepover!:P:P

post--13461900924481_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure its called a window as much as it a chimney hole...but you forgot the front pouch...ya know that thingy that you have to crawl in to get into the house.....the gizmo that keeps the cold air from swirling around and freezing you....

I have to agree ya did a great job...."Conehead" style or not.

when I was first looking at the pictures...I was thinking someone had way more energy than the average person of our age....ya used up the WHOLE yard worth of snow to do this....that was some major major bending and lifting and whatever else came out of that project. You have my totaly respect...I would have left when the foundation was poured.... Contract or not.

You would be wrong Bonnie dear, we only used the snow from the little front patio. The yard hasn't been touched. Heck the dogs won't even venture out there! LOL

I was only the morter maid. Hubs did all the packing and stacking. However, I am beginning to feel the strange effects of what I recall as being manual labor. Should feel even worse in the morning! Oy

It looks like you two had a great time together playing in the snow...ooops, I mean constructing an igloo. You just built yourselves a one room ice/snow hotel or an ice bar. LOL Now there's a way you can earn extra Christmas money.

We've only had a tiny bit of snow and some icey drizzle a few times, but winter's only started, so we might get some of that white stuff dumped here yet.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I first thought 'bird house' - then you added the door and I too thought of 'cone head':P:P It doesn't look big enough for a bed - looks more like Abby May's size! She's too cute and little to be out in that stuff - just keep her warm and cuddly!!

Tucker gets to come home tomorrow (again) if everything keeps going like they are now - went to visit and he is doing much better:):):)

You and DH stay warm and safe and don't venture too far until the roads get better. Jay did finally make it down here - finally got on a flight to San Diego, and then drove over here - got here just before midnight last night. Couldn't believe that they ran out of de-icer at the airport - unreal!!

Merry Christmas!!

Hi Meg.

So happy to hear little Tucker and hubby will be home for Christmas. Please give Tuck a soft liitle hug from Abby May and I.

I've taken the asprin and taken a jacuzzi and am happy to say I do feel better already.

Note to self, DO NOT add more then the suggested amount of bubble bath. My soak was cut way short due to an over abundance amount of bubbles! I hope they disapate before my guests arrive on Christmas day!

Originally posted by Bonnie

...but you forgot the front pouch...ya know that thingy that you have to crawl in to get into the house.....the gizmo that keeps the cold air from swirling around and freezing you....

We way up here in the great white north country refer to this thingy gizmo as an "arctic entry way" is that what you mean??? ;)

Archived