Merry Christmas everybody!

Originally posted by dancingstitcher

Here is the end wall of the chapel with the canopied altar. Everybody was very quiet soaking up the beauty.

Oh yes indeed, Vicki! Very awe-inspiring beauty. When I went to visit Germany the first time in 1990, I had to walk into every gothic cathedral along my way and each one was so beautiful and unique. I even got to walk the tall steeple in the gigantic cathedral in Köln, Germany. It was amazing. I'll never forget. While visiting the Black Forest, I found a tiny little white church I walked into in the was painted pristine bright white with (real) gold painted accents. And the beautiful huge organ with the tall pipes...ohhh! My mouth drooled at the beauty. Those churches are hundreds and hundred of years old... just spectacular.

post--13461900928191_thumb.jpg

It's Christmas!! Seems like I am on a religious theme this morning. Didn't know you were on a trip through Germany Shana. Sounds like I need to go to see the churches. Here is a very unique small white church in the countryside in Utah. The builders of this one built a boat bottom in the attic as the storyteller related to me so that in case there was ever a flood there would be an arc for the survivors. Fascinating planning don't you think?

Vicki

post--13461900928554_thumb.jpg

Archived