My Second wholecloth Trapunto

Back in March my wife and I went to Minnesota to visit Karen Mctavish. What a wonderful woman indeed. Finally...after months of procrastination and sheer dread..i found the courage and time to finish what Karen helped me start. This Quilt has allot of firsts for me. Its my first attempt at freehand background filling. Its my first whitework quilt and it also has my first feathers. Finally, it is my first project started but second quilt completed.

post--13461901022479_thumb.jpg

LOL yes Bonnie....just do it. I learned so much as i went along. I am positive i will do better on my next attempt. The Mctavishing was the hardest part...no...wait...the feathers were worse...no...ummm...the micro stippling had me cross eyed for hours! :P just the same....it looks great from a moving car running by at 50 miles per hour. But its done and its a stepping stone fer sure.

KELLEY

WOW, am I ever impressed. You should check out that post link about real men quilt and enter this and your last one with the diffused whatever it was called you know that really, really cool one we all didn't understand the process but loved soooooo much. You rock Man, why is it men just start things and their first shot is wonderful. Good thing there aren't too many real men who quilt because they might put some of us women to shame. I am very proud of you Kelley, watchout Joanne, he is after your limelight. LOL Jeanne

Archived