Pantos for the beginner

Hi Jackie,

I just purchased my millie in Nov 2005. Darlene was a big help when I phoned to order some pantos. I love the choices we made. Also consider her CD on Loading pantos. It is very affordable and was a GREAT HELP to me. You may already be an expert at that but it intimidated me at first. I still need more practice with the pantos but I'm doing better each time. Good luck

Grammie Tammie

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by jakrnsewing

hello you mention a CD for loading pantos I checked the site I did not see it what is it called and is it still available???thanks

I brought this thread back to the top as I'm also interested in the name of the CD for loading pantos. Again, is it still available?

Thanks,

Carolyn

The one that I have (which explained alot when I first got my machine) is called "Pantographs for Borders & All Over Designs" by Donita Reeve.

It shows you how to do repeating Pantos, Nested Pantos, Alternate nested Pantos, Dead end borders, adjusting border patterns & border with a corner.

Joann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Jackie,

When I first started with my Longarm I bought pantos from Darlene, but I don't use them a great deal. The ones I prefer are ones which have 'resting' spots, somewhere where there is a point or a connecting line where you can pause and see just where you are going or just move your position. I find the ones which are all curvy lines not so easy to keep up with. I much prefer to freehand, but we are all different. Just a thought.

Since this thread was brought up again, I think I will respond :) My favorite place to get pantos is from Willow Leaf Studios. There is a wonderful selection and shipment is quick. Another thing I like about them is that if I want a panto to be resized (i.e., from 12" down to 10"), that can most likely be done for a little bit more money.

Gable

Hi there,

Glad you are willing to invest in some pantos. I went to Darlene Epps' site to take a look at what she was offering in her Beginner's Pack. I have 9 of the 13 pantos.

My favorites: Daisy Chain - it's easy, and useful for all kinds of different quilts. Is it a flower, is it a leaf, is it just a useful shape??? I use this on many of the western quilts we do here in Central Oregon. I run a heavy Poly Quilter thread on top (giving it a rope look) with King Tut on the bottom.

Drifting Leaves - A great choice for so many Fall colored quilts. I've done lots of "Turning Twenty" quilts lately with this panto.

Love, love, love: Ribbons & Roses - A very pretty, feminine pattern, lovely design that covers a large area of the quilt fast and still pretty easy to use.

My best pantos, besides being easy to do, generally have what I call "organic" shapes that don't necessarily require you to hit the line perfectly in order to maintain the design. Anything with leaves, loops and swirls is great. For that reason, stars are not my favorite thing to do on a panto, but they are always popular so you should try them anyway to see if they work for you.

My other suggestions: Waterworld, Double Rose Vine, Double Plume, Oriental Cloud and Fleur plus a Rose Garden Stipple that I bought at E.E.Schenks.

Have Fun! And don't forget, you can quilt from BOTH sides of the machine! ~~ Eva H.

Archived