pic of the 401a Singer that I bought

The cabinet is in excellent shape. It is a solid wood with a nice finish. It has a box of attachments, the cams, plus a drawer full of bobbins and supplies, complete with a dust cover. My husband asked why I wanted another sewing machine. Men! I suppose you can see the other 2 in the floor beside this machine. (I only have 7 sewing machines, 2 sergers, a 6 needle embroidery machine, and my milli) I couldn't pass on this one though.

Sharon

WOW you did good...the last one I was looking at wasn't in a cabinet as good as this one and they wanted almost $500 for it....you not only did good you did GREAT.

I know Mary Beth....I have way to many as well....but unlike your DH, Gene just laughs and asks when the next one is coming. He might not be laughing when it comes time to move these puppies back to Montana....

I think you made a great deal. I have three 401A machines and use them more than all the plastic computer models I have. I do have to get rid of some of the machines to make room. I think I have 57+ altogether. Most are older Singers that only do straight stitch. I do have a Millenium and yesterday the needle fell out twice while working on some baby quilts. I was wondering if I may need a new screw for the needle bar. I still ruin every quilt I make on that machine. I have a lady doing hand quilting on the quilts i don't want to ruin.

I purchased a Featherweight via e-bay about 5 years ago and use that puppy all the time. DH bought me a new Pfaff about 3 years ago and always sees me using the FW. He said, "why don't you just sell the Pfaff?" I asked him why didn't he sell all the woodworking tools he uses maybe once a year....that didn't go over too well. It's all about whose hobby it is, not how many times we use it!

Have fun with your new bargain machine!

Sharon

Originally posted by Dib

Bonnie, where do all of your machines live? I only have 4 and a serger and long arm and my house is packed! And who is on your list to leave these puppies to? If you have no one selected, pick me; I'll add on!:D

they live in my house silly....where else would they live....some get used and some say stored and some get brought out petted and then go back into wherever they live best. As far as who gets them when I'm gone...I'm sure that will be Siana...as she is the next coming up sewer in the family....sorry....

WOW! Sharon,

Great buy. I have a cabinet just like that. I purchased it when I bought my Singer, Athena 2000. I love that machine and keep it up in Alaska in what use to be my office, when we were in busness. It has made a great sewing studio for me to quilt and relaxe in outside of our Motor Home.

Carolj.

I have 4 sewing machines and my Lenni and my husband has 4 chainsaws and a ridculous number of other tools he rarely uses. I think we're even. He used to tell me how important it is to have the right tools at the right time and now whenever he asks what the UPS man is delivering I just repeat his wise saying to him.:P

Archived