Longarm University Mystery Class

Hi Bev...I'm taking it. I'll be gone part of tomorrow though and have company coming for NY Day, but I hope to get it done anyway. I've never done a mystery anything...well, except for one of those mystery dinner things one time. This is the first time for a quilt though.

I am doing a NYEve mystery with my quilt guild tomorrow...I mean in 5 1/2 hours!! Then doing the LAU one after that. I am excited. I have signed up and plan to get it finished within the next week or so I hope. I don't think my family wants me busy 2 days in a row. So I gave myself some leeway on this one. It should be fun. Can't wait to see what it ends up looking like. I hope I learn alot about longarming. I know I love it so far!

Boy, I really had my heart set on getting some ufo's done before starting something new, but thanks to victoriasews I'm going to have to try the quiltville mystery!!! I've done every one of Bonnie's mysteries and can't resist starting this one. She is so much fun!

BTW, thanks Victoria, usually I keep an eye on quiltville but I guess I haven't been paying attention, would have missed this one!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sandra

I have never been a scrap person but with a challenge from our guild and Bonnie Hunter's site, I have crawled out of my box and I may never get back in. I always needed to have my quilts balanced and just couldn't make myself put 2 fabrics together that didn't go together. Boy, was I missing out. For those of you like me, just give it a shot. It is so much fun and you are always delightfully surprised at the results.

I am still working on my quilt top for the LAU quilt, but I'm so excited. I didn't read the directions before piecing, so my quilt top will be very boring, but maybe that will make the quilting show up better???? Plus, we have company:( and I guess it would be rude to just go quilt.

Bonnie, what am I winning?????

Originally posted by DoryJM

I am still working on my quilt top for the LAU quilt, but I'm so excited. I didn't read the directions before piecing, so my quilt top will be very boring, but maybe that will make the quilting show up better???? Plus, we have company:( and I guess it would be rude to just go quilt.

Bonnie, what am I winning?????

According to the hourly list you are winning:

Dorothy Miller of Quincy, California has won a copy of Let’s Pretend: Whimsical Quilts for Kids by Cynthia Tomaszewski, provided by Martingale Press.

That does look like fun--great way to PPP. I've said it before, I really don't like practicing on muslin--I'd rather go for the gold and do it on a real quilt. So if it's not perfect? I can still use the quilt.

That pattern would be easy to copy and we could all do one! It would be interesting to see how many different quilting styles we could come up with. And we could choose our own colors.

Thanks Lisa for posting the finished pictures. Looks like you're on your way to feather heaven!:D

Archived