Christmas is Done

my rockin boyz helped me take everything down and packed it away. Now all that is left is my DH to cart it all to the basement!!!

Do my boyz rock or what?

Do you have specific "chores" during the holiday?? Something that you always do or con someone into doing?

Rob does the cart it here and there and I do the decorating!!

Wahooo!!! I'm done. Happy New Year!!!!

Yippie skippie for rockn boyz!!! My helper to take ornaments off the tree was my 3 year old DGD. We had a good time and only broke one ornament. Who cares!!! Nothing could be better than to have my little helper. My DH doesn't like to do the decorating thing but he did carry the tree to the basement. I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a huge main floor with a massive closet you could just roll the tree, fully decorated, into and out of for the season. I'm not much for decorating and if I didn't have company for Christmas I probably wouldn't even put up a tree. Not meaning to be a bah humbug, just too tired for all the work. And I don't really have too much stuff to put up. All fits nicely into an area by the furnace storage area.

I took the ornaments off the tree last Friday...now they are sitting on the dining room table and my tree is still sitting in the livingroom...naked!

Hubby just brought all the boxes back out of the basement last night, so I guess that is what I am doing today! Saturday our community has 'Bring one for the chipper". We take our tree in to be chipped for mulch and we get a new seedling. We usually try to get a dogwood. In the past 12 years or so that they have been doing it...we have NEVER gotten one in the ground! However, this year I already have the hole dug, so in it goes Saturday afternoon!

Nini

Heidi - love to send them to new york for a couple of days. They are going bonkers in the last days of vacation.

Actually I am going to take them hiking this afternoon if my new GPS gets here soon enough. We are going to go geocashing. You use the GPS coordinates and go search for "treasure". Actually a burried or hiddent box with stuff in it. All about the hunt and running the energy out of the boyz and the dogz.

julia

This year we had a "Charlie Brown" tree. You all have seen them. They have only a few limbs and the bark shows. I put mine in a bucket so it looks like some guy did the best he could in cutting a tree in the woods. Ha! This year I put lights on it and candy canes tied with ribbon. Only that and a front door wreath and I was done. 10 minutes to take it down. I gave all my Christmas China to my son (daughter already has some) and gave away most of my other collections except for what the kids made growing up. No one seemed to notice there was less. I used to decorate EVERY room in the house. No more. No rockin boyzs to help put it up or down. Enjoy them while you can!:P

I once knew a lady who designed her house with one extra TALL closet off the foyer. Her tree was bout 9 feet tall and was decorated to the nines and sat on a rolling platform. She would attach the handle to the platform, pull it out, take off the dust cover and plug it in. 'Viola! Done! yeah, in my next life!

Last year my DH designated us to have a little 4 ft tall purple tree so it doesn't take long to take it down. but now what do I do with a kagilion ornaments from 10 feet tall real trees? today I will take down the purple ropes, the purple candy canes and purple garland from wherever he has placed it and christmas will be done at our house too.

Originally posted by JuliaDay

....Actually I am going to take them hiking this afternoon if my new GPS gets here soon enough. We are going to go geocashing. You use the GPS coordinates and go search for "treasure". Actually a burried or hiddent box with stuff in it. All about the hunt and running the energy out of the boyz and the dogz. julia

Hey Julia! My rockn boy (DH) & the dogz --we all have done the geocache thing and it's fun! :) What a great way to spend the day. There are geocache's all over the world, even up here. Have fun.

I usually take ours down on New Years day, but didn't feel like it so today is the day that I will tackle it, and do the laundry :( no fun for me today. But I want it all down before Sunday when I start back to work...I have a busy week ahead, I have 10 quilts comming in and 7 that I need to have done by Friday.

This is pretty much how it will be until the begining of May when the snowbirds go back home.

I have DH working on cleaning the garage so everything will look good out there and Christmas decorations will be put away properly...my kids are pretty much zombies today..have had too much holiday cheer and are all cheered out, lol

Archived