Calling all Fitness friends

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you can share the recipe...recipes are meant to be shared :)

Here it is..

Frozen Mocha Shake

1/2 C skim milk

1/2 C water

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 envelope no sugar added hot cocoa mix (swiss miss is a good one)

1 tsp sugar (sugar substitute could be used as well)

2 tsp instant coffee granuales

1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Hi Health's "X Rated" brand which has 18 grams of protein per scoop)

1 C crushed ice

Blend all together in a blender on high until smooth and thick. Makes 1 serving

Calories: 232

Protein: 23g

Carb.: 25g

Fats: 3g

This is really good & takes care of those cravings. Enjoy!!

well, heck who wants to be left out of all this fun and fellowship. I went on a diet almost a year ago and did great walking the pounds off for about 10 months. Slowly I am creeping back up there so I want to start back on the track to lose just about 8 to 10 pounds but more than that just stay up with my walking regiment and keep those pounds off and stay healthy. The weight isn't so much the thing as staying fit, because if you dedicate yourself to an exercise program you will lose those unwanted pounds at a good slow healthy pace. Crash diets are not good for you and you will crash eventually so let's all do this for the long term. Count me in.

Here is the link to Fitness Friend's that Sherry started in Facebook. This will get you there, but to post you have to join and then Sherry has to "approve" your application. But she approves anybody, after all, she let me in!!:cool:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42110734685

I think this will work. I think the key is to join facebook first, but I'm new to this and I'm still learning how to get around in there. Sooooo, Sherry if this is different, give us the straight scoop!

I lost 14 pounds on an elimination (food allergies) diet last year. Not only would I like to keep it off I could stand to lose another 40 pounds. My husband and I will be starting back on our walking program soon. He had lost nearly 10 pounds after 2 months, then I was injured and quit for awhile. Looking forward to being healthier and lighter.

Beth, I am waiting on my cousin to come over this week to help me..... I tell ya, I am STUPID when it comes to this stuff!! I can get around a little bit on it, then I get lost.:o I'll see ya there as soon as I figure it out (with a little help from my cous!! ):D linda

I'm planning on joining but just haven't had time to get a facebook account set up and get going on this. I have gone to the gym by 5:45 2 mornings in a row and worked out for an hour before going to my day job. Last night I had my guild meeting so didn't get home until 10:15! I would have fallen asleep but Mark Lipinski was our guest speaker and oh is he FUNNY! I laughed until I cried.

On another note our system administrator just passed this message about facebook accounts and security settings so I thought I would pass it along. I don't think you can be too safe these days when it comes to identity theft!

Record numbers of people are joining the popular Facebook social networking website every day. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that many of those new users give any thought to their privacy settings, or that they think twice before revealing too much information about themselves to potential identity thieves.

Since ID fraudsters can use confidential information to commit crimes against individuals and their companies, Sophos has compiled a number of helpful tips which can help Facebook users secure their personal data and avoid identity theft. For more information, please refer to the two Sophos websites listed below:

* The Facebook privacy and productivity challenge -- http://www.sophos.com/security/topic/facebook.html

* Facebook recommended privacy settings -- http://www.sophos.com/security/best-practice/facebook.html

just for the record...that delicious mocha whatever recipe...sounds yummy...but if you go by Weight Watchers points, it will cost you 5 points. Now, I only get 24 points a day, so if you divide that by 3 = 8 (see I am a math wizzard:P). An 8 point meal is not very much....I would have to be really good all day long in order to have that drink...hummm....I don't think so...I can't be that good for that long :P:D

Archived