New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sylvia/Just Sew Simple,

Thank you for the Shoo Fly block and yes, it will go very well with the other blocks I have received so far from Australia. I think they will all blend very well because of the type and colors we were given to use. I like your avitar and wondered how it came about. Thanks for the info. I agree, this is a fun swap. I look forward to going to the mailbox these days, wondering what goodies I'll find!:o

Originally posted by roberta

Jennifer - Thank you! Your block arrived today and it is so pretty. I love the colors. Purple is my favorite so I was just tickled to see your block. It will look beautiful in my quilt. Nice little card too. Did you make it?

Yes I made the little cards. I got sucked into an infomercial for this Cricut machine one night and DH said if you want it get it. I don't use it as much as I should, I would rather quilt then scrapbooks. Thanks for letting me know you got the block.

Jennifer:)

My squishy envelope today was from Jennifer Ward. I'm impressed with all the little HST and pressing all the seams open on back! Thank You very much Jen. and the little note card and information was sweet.

This is so much fun!

BTW Bonnie Botts, I posted on another thread about getting your block way back. I hope you're not waiting to hear from me on this thread?

Originally posted by Boni

BTW Bonnie Botts, I posted on another thread about getting your block way back. I hope you're not waiting to hear from me on this thread?

No, Boni, I did see it on the other post and I had you marked off....I just heard from my last quilt block person so all of mine have now reached their new homes....YEAH. My apologies to those who have sent to me....I haven't been to the postoffice yet...will be going tomorrow. Its a pain to get there so only go once a week.

Hi Jolene,

The block I've sent out is called "building blocks" it was published in 1929. It's very simple so I'm thinking that it's been around for much longer but maybe under another name.

I'm glad that everyone so far likes my block...either that or you're all very polite lol :P

I've printed a map of the US and have marked where I've sent all the blocks and where they are coming from. With a little luck, memory allowing, I may learn something.

cheers and have a great day

Satu

PS. Bev, It sure is a small world :)

We are a little behind in saying our thank you's!

Brad needs to thank:

Karol Kusmaul

Marylyn Jones

Karen Bennett

Sylvia Blissett

I need to say thank you to:

Jennifer Ward

Satu Simmons

Celia Swain

I am so tickled to see the blocks. They all look great! Can't wait to start putting them together in a quilt. (not sure I am going to let Brad have his blocks...:P)

I have 12 blocks ready to go out as soon as I sign them.

Brad has been on the road driving around picking up fish in Texas and should get started on his blocks "very soon". :P:P

Thanks so much to all of you.

post--13461901025243_thumb.jpg

I just went in and edited my post from yesterday. I said that I have 5 blocks already - I don't, I only have 4 and I've got to keep this honest (at least to myself). I counted the extra block that I made for myself and that wouldn't be on Teresa's list so she would be wondering about me when I ended up with 17 blocks! Does anyone really care about this? Probably not, so I'll be quiet for now. I only try and get my self confused most of the time and now i probably have a few more in that state of mind. OK bye:cool:

Archived