New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the drum roll. . .

Hi Janice, I got your block today. Is that a Jacob's Ladder? It goes very nicely with my others.

I'm still waiting to hear from:

Denice Cornett (Necie), Laura Hendrickson (Sew Cozy), and Karen Bennett (Mirabelle)

Did you gals pick up your mail today? Karen, I'm waiting a few more days for you to give it time to get to Australia.

North Dakota and Georgia are closer than that and I guess they must be on vacation or something. I just don't want them to miss a block on my account.

Hi Bonnie

I have been excited to receive my block since Sue and Maree received their blocks, unfortunately I am further from our international mail centre in Sydney that they are. Waited not so patiently on Friday and darn didn't receive a squishy. SO not so patiently waiting for tomorrows mail to arrive

Will let you know when it arrives. I really do have a lot of patience but for some reason it has gone out the window as I excitedly wait for my beautiful blocks.

Regards from down under

Karen

Laura Kroeker

Thanks for the beautiful Dresden Plate! I love the fabrics! All so very different! I just got home and my husband knew I would be excited so he did not tell me. He just made me go through all of the mail, one piece at a time, which was puzzling, since it was all junk, as usual...........then, I got to the last letter......and it was thick and soft! Yea! What a wonderful surprise to this dreary day!

Gloria

Hi Bonnie

Received your beautiful block in the mail today, doing my happy dance again.

Thank you so much for the block and also the info, will read it later as I am up to my neck making sausage rolls for a workshop tomorrow, (yummy lunch)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Regards from down under

Happy dance, happy dance, happy happy happy dance! I knew you would get it!

Sausage rolls sounds yummy----Got a recipe?:P

All my blocks have been received and acknowledged except for two:

Laura Hendrickson in North Dakota

Denise Cornett in Georgia

If you gals want to contact me by postal service, email or U2U rather than posting, OK. I will wait until I hear from you before I send them again.

Thanks again. It has been fun.:)

Maree, Thank you for the wonderful Clay's Choice block. When I opened it I thought "Oh wow, they have the same fabrics in Australia, that I have, here in the USA." I have been working alot of hours, can you tell that I need sleep? This will work well because I have some fabric left over that I can coordinated in the sashing or border. Also thank you for the adorable embroidered Koala.

Dianne

Laura K,

Thank you so very much for my beautiful Dresden plate!!! I love it and the colors are so nice and bright. DH said it's his favorite tho I can't choose just one.

The muslin is really nice, looks like a feedsack cloth. Where did you get it. The slight crepe texture is great and I'd love to get some to finish my quilt when all the blocks arrive. I've not seen any like it around here.

For those on my list to receive from me....the blocks are under construction. So, be patient, please. I promise you won't be disappointed.;)

It is unbleached cotton. I bought a roll of it from a local store here. I've always wondered if there was a difference between unbleached cotton and muslin. According to one of the teachers at Innovations last year, they are the same. Hope she's right. It shrinks a fair bit, so I always prewash it. Marlette, please let me know if you are unable to find any where you're at. Glad you liked the block. Isn't this fun? Laura K

Archived