New Years/30's Blocks THANK YOU'S!!!!

bobbi

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only block I didn't receive was from Elizabeth Pukrand. When life settles down a little more I make a block to replace this and put my top together. I have a feeling many of you will be way ahead of me in the completion of this quilt. It was a really fun swap.

Thank you again to everyone which had sent me such beautiful blocks.

I have all my blocks put together with sashing strips in muslin and corner stones but I am having just a devil of a time deciding on the outside sashing! I have made one already and ripped it out. Every outside sashing just seems too heavy for my quilt! It needs to be 10" widder - so 5 on each side. Nothing works for me.

post--13461902002599_thumb.jpg

Hi Sylvia,

Your quilt top looks great!! It will be a treasure when finished!

As for a final border, I like that golden yellow that dances through a lot of the blocks. Would you consider cutting the green border

down to match the measurements of the muslin sashing and applying a larger width of a yellow print

as the final border?

That may balance everything better with a wider border at the outside. Just my opinion, of course.

Can't wait to see it finished!!:)

Collen O'kane

I got your block and I love it. great colors. I can't say which day it came as I was out of town for 6 weeks and am so happy to be home and open my squishys.

I know I already thanked Laura and Susanne but wanted to say I really LOVE all three blocks ... I think I'm done but I'll have to double check. Thank you Susanne for the wonderful letters and the book on Austrailian animals. I can't wait to share it with my grandkids. thank you Laura for the wonderful postcards of North Dakota. I'm hoping to vacation there one day and see the beautiful scenery.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to all who have sent me blocks. Cindy Lowe sent me 2 extra and Karen L and I decided to exchange blocks as we're fellow Ohioans who have met for coffee and friendship.

With that said, I have enough blocks for my quilt top but would still like to get the last one that's missing. The way I figured from the list that block should be coming from Shannon. Was there a post from her that her blocks were being delayed? I did see a couple of thank yous from people who had received theirs after the May deadline.

I'd just like to know if she is the person whom I'm expecting to get a block from and, if so, will it be coming.

Sylvia, your quilt looks really nice. I like the muslin border with flowers idea. If you don't do applique you could quilt the flowers in the border and echo quilt 1 or 2x's then background fill.

• 6 months later...

Ladies,

I just got a U2U from Nadia Wilson informing me that she has never received her block from me. I have had some health issues and had sent these out forever and a day ago. Would anyone else that did not receive their block please U2U me and if it's not too late will remake them and get them sent out. I am so sorry about this. I should have been checking the forum and I have not been on much in a long time.

Archived