Favorite Curse Word

If I admit to past lives as being a long haul Truck driver, an Advertising Traffic Manager for 14 years, and a long traffic commuter...will that explain how I to can have a "Nautical" mouth....:P;):P...I have since really really tried to tone it down, but they do slip out...and to those who have heard me "I'm sorry", I sometimes don't even realize they are there till its all said and done.... And saying "OOPS" is a bit to late.

Oh, don't even ask me. I worked in a maximum security jail for 14 years. I know every curse word that exists and very creative ways to use them all (and in several languages). Combinations, verbs adjectives, nouns. You'd be shocked. Since I've retired, I've really tried to tone it down. I chalk it up to "occupational hazard." It's not pretty, but I can make a sailor blush. My mom used to say, "Quit your da*% swearing, it sounds like he#@!":P

Bonnie and MerryJo, LOL sounds like we're all in the former

"nautical" group. I still work with sailors and I swear they give the recruits a course in 4 letter words (and I don't mean "work") in bootcamp. It their parents ever knew what comes out of their mouths. I have toned down but every now and then I slip especially in traffic.

My husband and I were driving to Springfield Saturday with our 4 yo grand-daughter when we were stuck behind a car 'just sitting' at a 4-way stop. DH said "you can go anytime lady" GD said 'move outta the way moron.' We just looked at each other and laughed. Not sure who she got that from, but it could have been so much worse.

Guest Linda S

Ah, if only I were so nice. I often say Foink, but when I'm really PO'd I let the f-bomb fly. Of course, I live alone, and there is only the good Lord to hear that I am being a bad, bad girl. When I'm just mildly frustrated, I somehow or another picked up my Uncle Ed's favorite -- My Glasses! No idea where that came from, but I say it a lot.

Linda

We've been laughing at 13 yr old dd who's on a "Holy Crowbars" kick!

One of my favorites was born to replace one of my mom's - she used to say "What a pi**er" and we got her changed to "How incontenant (sp?)"

For lent one year I gave up fussing at the cars around me when I drove -- MAN, that was a tough one! I'd rather give up chocolate!!!

Archived