New Designs & News at Digi-Tech

Jess

Good Afternoon from www.digitechpatterns.com

Whew!!! Holidays over & back to normal!

We have been quite busy over the holidays & we have some exciting news in addition to the new patterns that are currently available (see below), we also have some big news for Quilters that are not using computerized systems currently. That's right NOW WE HAVE RESIZEABLE, DOWNLOADABLE PATTERNS FOR EVERYONE.

But first we have several newly listed patterns from:

One Song Needle Arts, Mary Nordeng, & Patty Clayton this week. Over 40 new patterns were loaded over the weekend.

In addition Karen Brugh's patterns are currently on sale throughout January at 25% off & I will be having a 1 day sale on my own patterns on January 13. Any patterns starting with JS in the stock number will be 40% off on January 13th as I celebrate my 40th birthday :-)

NOW THE BIG, BIG NEWS:

Let me ask - How many of you have wanted to have pantographs or motifs resized to fit whatever block or quilt you were working on? How many of you want to be able to do this anytime, day or night & how many want to save the trip to the print shop to do it? Well, we may have the solution for you.

We have found a program that will allow PDF downloads to be resized & printed to whatever size you would like. PDF files are downloadable files that can be used by all quilters as a way to receive patterns in a format that can be printed out & used for laser guided, marked, stitch through, & hand quilting. Previously, I have been offering to resize & email back these files to customers who requested the service. However, now we have found a program that will allow any customer to resize & print the patterns (both motif & pantographs) themselves & best of all the program is FREE. We have provided a link to the software that needs to be downloaded if you want be able to resize patterns. We've also provided a link to basic instructions for use of the program once you have it downloaded & installed.

The program that we are using comes as part of a Productivity Suite that has a Drawing program (this is what we will be using) , word processing, spreadsheet, database & other programs as part of it. So regardless of whether you would use it for resizing & printing patterns you may also want to give it a look for producing other types of documents.

But more about the Drawing Program that is included. You can draw / digitize in this program as well. Obviously the results vary depending on your skill level & export the file as a WMF file that can used to create a DXF file in AutoSketch, AutoCAD. The program will also open a DXF or WMF file. This way the average customer with a computerized system would not necessarily have to be at the computer that contains their machine software or CAD software in order to view a design. This means that if you want to show a customer a design you can easily create a catalog of designs that can be shown.

You can also rotate or flip the patterns along with many other features. You can then take the resized pattern (larger or smaller) & print it off on your own printer. Many people ask, "why would I want to do that?" Well, now you can print out as many copies as you need to make that pantograph as long as you need. Now you can flip that pattern to get a mirror image if that works for you & print it out instead of tracing. You can now print directly onto Golden Threads paper, tracing paper, vellum, standard paper or tear-a-way & wash-a-way embroidery stabilizer & use that to stitch right through, if you like. How about if you have a small motif & want to see what it will look like if you use 4 of them together rotated in that block? Well now you can do that as well & then print it out whatever size you need.

We have the specific download & instructional information posted on our FAQs page, which can be accessed through a link that is in our News section of the homepage, or through the "Service" button on the upper left side of the homepage. If you have any questions about the program or the use of it for resizing & printing PDF patterns, please feel free to email me. The program was recently tested by a group of quilters that responded to my request for volunteers for a test group & the results were overwhelmingly positive. Of course there were a few issues encountered depending on how familiar each individual was with downloading & installing programs & a few questions because the testers were new to using drawing programs. I think that I now have most of these questions covered by clarifying my instructions, but I am always open to answering additional questions.

We realize that printing & taping together oversized patterns may not be for everyone, but why not save the shipping time & expense when you can by ordering PDF format, downloadable patterns. Now ALL QUILTERS can get patterns with the click of a mouse. We just counted up our patterns & currently have over 1200 patterns available, many of them with PDF formats available.

So I say to All Quilters, your search for just the right size pattern just got a whole lot easier.

Have a great day,

Jessica

Archived