Strip Pieced quilt

A few months ago some posted a website with a strip pieced quilt that was done on muslin with the center strips all being the same focus fabric. These strips formed borders because they were darker than the other 1 1/2 " strips.

I downloaded a picture and now that I'm ready to start I can't find the picture anywhere, nor can I find the posting.

Does anyone remember the posting or the site.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer. I've already checked with my local quilt shop for a pattern or book and they don't have anything similar.

Anne:)

Thanks for the web site Sharon. It didn't have the quilt I was looking for, but what a lovely site. Her quilts and photos are all beautiful and the poodle is precious. I bookmarked it so I can return.

The quilt I'm looking for has the focus fabric strip on the diagonal through the center. All of the strips are about 1 1/2" and are on the diagonal. That I can reproduce by trimming up the squares to the size that I want. It's the layout I don't remember.

Anne:)

If it was sort of a half log cabin with two diff shades of one color on one block and two shade of another color on the other, it might be in my webshots.

I did a blue/red one and the guild did a blue green one.

OOOOPs the blue/red one is on the other computer.. the green blue one or gold blue one is under Quilts of Valor and it has 3 shades of each color.

RitaR

Rita, That is a really neat looking quilt. I'm amazed at all the different things that can be done with the Log Cabin and that design would be good for male or female. Thanks for your help.

Debbi, Your quilt is stunning. I saw it when you first posted it and printed it out along with the wonderful instructions that you gave. I have since used elements of your design in another quilt. Thanks for sending the link again.

Thanks to both of you for your help. The quilt that I'm looking for has all the strips on the diagonal with the center strip being the same in all the blocks and being the focus fabric. This center strip forms the sashing and borders. I think I'll try to make a few and see if I can figure out how to arrange them.

Anne:D

Anne

Archived