help with quilting ideas - pics

Hi Heidi

Thanks! I am doing custom on it, thought about feathers and maybe curved outlining in the other long sections, there is one pieced type large block in the upper left.

I was trying to think of something other than feathers, but maybe that is what it needs? just kinda bored with them been doing so many that way lately.

it looks almost modern to me, but its just not speaking to me

any help most appreciated! thanks so much

Ann,

What about if you did some straight lines in the bigger triangles to excentuate the row it makes. Does that make sense? Then do something curly in the sqaure on point to add movement. I would definitely do something swirly or feathery in the outside border. This is one of those quilts that you need to print a picture put it under plastic and doodle. It always gives me lot of ideas.

i made and quilted one just like this in more tradational colors.

i LOVE the blue batiks!

here's my idea:

do a curly cue 'feather' in the diagonals, or something in the fern type, but alternate the direction. then CC the sqs and do a 'sally terry' hook feather in the outer border.

hope this might spark an inspiration.

(IMHO the ferns would look kinda sea weed ish- giving it and ocean theme)

post--13461901019004_thumb.jpg

thanks so much Shannon! Its funny I was playing with it in psp and came up with almost the identical thing! I think Ill do arrowhead feathers in the diagonal, with the center block think I'll use something from the CL AZtec plate and with the blocks around the outside of it do ovals with a fill and on the larger 1/2 square guys around the block do concentric triangles.

thanks so much for your help, much appreciated!

Ann

Archived