Fruits of the Spirit

Hi all. This is what I've been up to the last few weeks. I finished this just in time. I quilted thisfor a local artist, Christal Carter. It's 83 in. by 108 in. and will hang in Her booth along with another one I quilted for her. It's the most intricate applique quilt I've ever seen. There are no patterns for this, but she is going to make them. I feel special she wanted me to quilt it. She doesn't give much direction, just sees what I come up with. I feel humbled she has such faith in me and I hope I did this justice.

She also has done many log cabin pictoral quilts that are to die for, and converts photos to quilts. Her work is amazing. On top of this, she paints. Her paintings are so detailed they look like photos.

She gave me permission to share pics with you. Here's a few and a link to my photobucket albumn.

_CAR3072copy.jpg

_CAR3076copy.jpg

_CAR3092copy.jpg

Meg, just click on the "Fruits of the Spirit" that's highlighted above the "Here's the new link..........". It goes right to the site. DH gave it a name instead of just leaving the url listed. Of course, he knows way more than me about the computer. I would have never known you could rename the link. He also edited my profile, put up an avatar and my signature which I couldn't do in a hundred years.:P:P

I thought about running away screaming. That was, of course, when I was about half way through quilting it. I was on a deadline for the show and I started thinking, "I'm not worthy! Why did I tackle this!" Good thing I work better under pressure! I was definately in a pressure cooker. At least my migraine waited until after I delivered the quilt! Seriously! I delivered it, drove home (1 hour commute) and went to bed with a migraine.:mad: I wanted to celebrate getting it finished.

This one was a huge project. The one just before this one also was. It is supposed to go on the cover of a quilt book that's being published. That was 2 hard ones in a row! I think I need a few easy ones for a break!

Archived