Road to California Quilt Show Jan 15-18

We're in warm sunny California. What a nice break from SD weather.

Cheryl Uribe, Tony and I will be in booth 431. We have two Lenni's, a new Mille and a Freedom with the new Quilt Glide.

Don't miss out on our monthly special, plus the sweetheart special and of course the show special.

Starts today 9:30-6:00 and ends Sunday 10-4.

http://www.road2ca.com/index.html

The quality of the quilts at this show is unbelievable.

One is more amazing and more intricate than the other and the longarm quilting is outstanding.

I fell in love with the Accuquilt cutting system and might have to order one before I leave.

We put Superior Brytes thread on the machines and when we put on the black light it just glowed like neon lights.

It was so cool!

"We're in warm sunny California. What a nice break from SD weather."

Oh I could have gone without hearing that! :P It is a tropical -14 with air chill of -22 and has been a few days now.

Sorry I did not mean to derail your post I just could not resist.

Okay all you mid west and east coast people..it's been in the mid 80's all week here in So Cal. that's why we live here, we visit the snow in the mountains at our convenience..I'll be in Margaret Millers class on Sat & Sun and can hardly wait to see all the wonderful quilts. But this show has the most awesome quilts, the quality is fantastic ( as JoAnn said) and they display them so nicely, easy to view and great lighting.. This is a must see show for your list if you have never been here.:)

Originally posted by JoAnnHoffman

The quality of the quilts at this show is unbelievable.

One is more amazing and more intricate than the other and the longarm quilting is outstanding.

I fell in love with the Accuquilt cutting system and might have to order one before I leave.

We put Superior Brytes thread on the machines and when we put on the black light it just glowed like neon lights.

It was so cool!

That Accuquilt is awesome. Alex Anderson had one at her retreat last fall. I've been trying to come up with a justification for it.

I would so like to make this show next year. I missed Houston for the first time in years this past show. I love visiting California. Just too much going on it seems these days for any fun. lol If only I could get 48 hours into one day I'd get caught up. lol

Have fun Joann. Can't wait to see the winners.

PS. I've seen the Accuquilt and it is a really awesome product. Now that I'm doing more piecing these days its something I might like. Let me know how you like it.

Hugs Grammie

I envy all of you who are at the show. I have had to come north to babysit DH - knee surgery - and won't return until the 19th. His surgery went well and he is being a good patient (for a change). It is so cold up here and can hardly wait to get back to the 80's. We talked about him recovering in the desert but felt it would be too hard to fly right after surgery. He will be down a week after the little pup and I get back. Enjoy the show and take and share pictures!!!

Road was awesome......as usual. I got to see Jan Krentz and talk with her of old times (Our husbands were stationed at the same Navy base and she started our first quilt guild). ALMOST bought a new machine but I've been using the same old nothing Nolting for 11 years and I would have to go through another learning curve all over again. Can you really teach an old dog new tricks??

Ran into a few other friends from another chat group, bought some more stencils and rulers. Then 3 of us went on a shopping spree at M & L. I couldn't believe I only spent $129. Should have gone back and bought more. Ah well, another road trip is in store.

And last but not least, I drooled over all the fabulous quilts.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Archived