Need Quilting Ideas

How would you quilt this?

I'm not able to do ruler work as I have an Ult II with the spoon shaped foot.

I don't like to to panto either.

But I need any help you can offer.

Thanks

Arg!! I can't figure out how to post a picture. But the pattern is called Allegro from Atkingson designs and it is on the front of her book.

post--13461901028702_thumb.gif

HOw about something wavy, kind of dreamy with music notes here and there. They are quick and easy to do freehand from the front of the machine.

P.S. you can do ruler work on your Ultimate II with the spoon foot, but it's very tedious because you have to go so slow. The new Ultimate II foot that Sheri sells is well worth having.

Originally posted by chickenscratch

The new Ultimate II foot that Sheri sells is well worth having.

Amen...I would be so lost without Sheri's foot...its the best thing, and WELL worth the month. I can do ruler work and even feathers now.... I still use my spoon foot for meandering and stippling, as I can get over the seams better with that foot, but for ruler work I use only Sheri's foot.

I did buy the foot added it on my machine but then my machine would not sew correctly. I don't know if I should have lowered the rails or what. I am fairly new and was afraid to mess with my machine that I would never get it back to working properly so I took the foot off and just use the one my machine came with. I'm sure it is not the foot just me!!

Thanks

The dark and light bars in the blocks remind me of sheet music. The curves sound great for something so straight lined. How about doing some calm seas type slight waves from one end to the other across the quilt and can use the bars as guides as to how much you go up and go down in smooth gradual long lines. You could also put a few circles on it over the waves to denote whole notes on the staff. It would really show up on the backside if you used plain fabric. Good luck Shawn. You might try putting on some soft flowing music to inspire you.

Vicki

Archived