A couple of openings left.

Myrna Ficken

Long arm Machine Quilting Event

Coming to Salt Lake City

In February!!

Special Demo Evening with Renae Haddadin

February 22, 2006 6:30 PM

Come join Renae and Myrna while Renae demonstrates Renae's Amazing Rays , Renae's Amazing Mini Ray's, and her NEW ARC's

Please contact Myrna if you plan on attending the event.

If you have not registered for Myrna's classes , she still have a few spots open.

Reservations are being taken now for Long arm Classes to be held at The Comfort Suites, 171 N. 2100 W., Salt Lake City, Utah the week of February 20 ? 25, 2006.

Your instructor for these classes will be Myrna Ficken of St. George, Utah. Myrna is a talented quilter with 6-plus years experience on a long arm. She has traveled and taught at shows and events both domestically and internationally. This is your opportunity to learn from a very experienced, skilled long arm educator in a casual and enjoyable atmosphere.

Here is the agenda for this upcoming event that still has spaces open.

February 21 ? Show & Tell on the fine line of APQS Quilting Machines from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. This is your chance to check out APQS machines for yourself and have some time to do some hands-on ?test-driving? of our American-made quilting machines! There will be plenty of time for questions and answers during this event. This class is free of charge, but please pre-register.

February 22 ? 5:30 to 8:00 PM. Free Special Demo Evening with Renae Haddadin. Come join Renae and Myrna while Renae demonstrates Renae's Amazing Rays , Renae's Amazing Mini Ray's, and her NEW ARC's This class is free of charge, but please pre-register.

February 23 ? Gotta Love Those Samplers! 2 to 5 PM. $100.00 Fee. This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I?ll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. You?ll see samplers in a whole new light! You?ll learn my organized approach to samplers, which includes analyzing, stabilizing, and handling every block with confidence. If you would like, you may bring a quilt for discussion as time permits. Cameras are welcome and notebooks/sketchbooks will be handy! Handouts will also be provided. http://community.webshots.com/album/32082966dWpmhdwMfI

February 23 ? Just Do It! 6:30 to 8:30 PM. $50.00 Demo (see description on Feb, 20 and Feb, 22 of the hands on class). Due to popular demand I have added this class as a demo only. Please note that students may need to gather around machine able to see what I am doing. This may be a hardship for some. We are working on a having video camera. http://community.webshots.com/album/47842649MCcxSY

February 24 ? Creating Spaces. 9 AM to 4 PM. $175.00 Fee. This is a beginner/intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it. We can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to take you to spaces of your own creation on the quilt. We?ll see how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and we?ll also learn to use whatever we might have on hand! You have permission to have FUN in this class!! http://community.webshots.com/photo/114996639/1139196952034244157DrAuwT

February 24 ? Show & Tell on the fine line of APQS Quilting Machines. 5:30 to 8:00 PM. Repeat of previous classes. Free of charge, but please pre-register.

February 25 ? The Fabulous Feather! 9 AM to 4 PM. $175.00 Fee. This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many feathers?.so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers! We?re going to get started with our most simple feather designs and we?ll work them up to a sizzle! C?mon guys and gals! You?ll love this class not only for the feathers, but also for the other elements and ideas that you?ll carry over into other designs. I?ll show you some different techniques as well, including a bit of faux trapunto, trapunto, wreaths, swags, and decorative threads. Its all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude! http://community.webshots.com/album/429637278zDjfTm

Deal of the Day -- Take one full-day class and you?ll get $25 off your second full-day class! Settle in and have a few days of fun!! We?re bringing lots of machines so everyone will have ample hands-on time in class!

For questions and/or to sign up for classes: Email Myrna at aquilterschoice@charter.net or phone 435-229-2703 or 435-635-7900. Hurry and reserve your space in class! Classes are filling quickly!

For reservations at the hotel, please call Comfort Suites at 801-715-8688.

Archived