Calling all quilters....help... need ideas please!

I am working on a quilt for my friend. It has 6 huge blocks in its center - they are 30" by 30". I will try and attach a photo.

First, here is my problem: The 2 triangles that are green and the purple diamond shape. Area is 15" total on the bottom and 6" high. I just am not happy with any of the ideas I am coming up with.

I am doing a Rosemaling scroll panto in the 9" outer border, then a zig zag in the next border and a tight loop / leaf freehand in the green border. I plan on doing a small meander in the beige background, a small pebble in the yellow setting side pieces. I have a design picked out for the center purple area 15" by 15" at the points. It is a type of feather / square shape. I am thinking of doing a section of this design in the corner purple areas too.

All of these are having different thread colors where needed. This is the Wild Iris line by Northcott, and their pattern for the quilt top.

Please help if anyone has some ideas... I am going to keep working along doing what I know I want to do, and stabalize as I go. Thanks in advance!

post--13461897755444_thumb.jpg

Hi Judi

It is diffacult to figure out exactly where you need help with because of the size of the picture. The text scrolls across the page and I have a small screen. But anyway, if I am reading this right here are my thoughts. I have a simalar space that I quilted here: http://community.webshots.com/photo/509916902/1510107476028393189ETZWuS and designed this motif. Hope this helps. I tried to copy your picture to print and then draw ideas on but for some reason it will not print. Oh well, I tried. I am sure you will get some great ideas.

Hi Sherry-

I just looked at your photo. Very Nice!

The funny part is, that is REAL close to the design I was thinking about

using! The design I have is actually only 10" long by 5" high. It is just like

yours, except that the bottom half has 8 loops and then there are another

6 loops that you work on top of those. I was worried that if I take and

make those bottom loops so long, they would look goofy.

p.s. Sorry about running off the page! I forget to hit enter! Hope I did this

one better..... That bothers me too, can't beleive I did that! Not sure how

to make my photo smaller. All I did was load it right from camera, to

documents to here. I don't mess with them often, but we do have some

software for that. I was really surprised to see it so huge!

Also, is there a way to load more that one photo to a topic / question?

Oh - I have so much to learn!

Judi O.

Hi Judi

Sometimes it helps to run things by others, but you know what they say about those great minds! LOL

Regarding the picture size thing, I am no expert there but from what I understand you have to re-size the picture down in order for it to fit to the page. You can add more pictures to the same message by hitting return a few times which spaces the photos evidentally. This was posted by out Tina Collins a short time ago.

Archived