tension

Hi all

I have a question please, my tension is still not great.

The bobbin thread looks tight and even so the stitches look good on the front when you look close the loops are loose.

What am I doing wrong?

I have tried to change the bobbin tension, i.e. put the bobbin in case and see that the case drops like a spider (hope you know what I mean). I use rasant in the bobbin as I don't like bobbin fill.

Another thing I have noticed that sometimes the machine when stopping just puts the needle down one more time.

Thnak you for any help

Christine

Australia

http:onceaponaquilt.blogspot.com

Hi Christine

I just tried to ring you but couldn't get through.

Usually "dropping like a spider" gives good tension, maybe try loosening it a little more . When you do your test piece do lots of tight curves or straight lines where you change direction often - this way you are more likely to spot when you need to adjust the tension. Rasant is a great choice of thread.

You might need to make the needle positioner adjustment to stop the the needle taking that extra stitch. Its described in the manual but let me know if you need help.

Sue

Would you all like to have laugh?Well there is nothing wrong with my tension at all, I just didn't have the thread go over that little spring ( were you tighten the tension), hm works just fine now.

The other thing I was trying to explain was that the machine sometime makes a puffing noice and takes the extra stitch.

cheers

Christine

Archived