ease of movement

I have a problem with my machine wanting to needle up/down when I don't want it to. Warming up the machine is suppose to help with that problem.

Be careful with the oil. I too clean my machine wirh WD-40 then wipe it down and put a drop of oil in the wicks on top and in the bobbin assembly as Shana described. In the beginning I had too much oil going on and one day I bumped the light bar with my the back of my hand and had oil every where. I had to take the side off the machine and clean it all up inside and out...so don't over do it.

I never knew I should warm up my millie too, but thanks to you all now I do and I will, I am sure she will thank me for it especially now that it is so cold outside! One other thing that helped me as well is to clean the inside of those wheels with a q-tip and alcohol now and then, (lots of black stuff comes off) I know we've had this discussion before but every couple of mos I also put a little car wax on my rails and boy does she fly! In any direction! I can push my millie with my finger and she will glide for about 4 or more feet. I have learned so much from this site!

Thanks,

Vicki

Hi!

I usually have a quilt loaded on my LA before I turn it on. Do I need to take the quilt off before I oil and WD40 the machine? Here is a pic of the sailboat quilt I made my new grandson for Christmas. I used pinwheels and sailboats with waves in the 9 patch and strip blocks and freehanded the outline of the appliqued sailboats.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I have a problem with my machine wanting to needle up/down when I don't want it to. Warming up the machine is suppose to help with that problem.

MB I think the extra stitch/up-down thingy gets WORSE when it warms up. It's my understanding that if it does that you need to turn the #8 screw down a tad.

I HATE it when it takes an extra stitch!!!! I have mine set so that it's a bit sluggish until we warm up (which, admittedly, I don't do first) and then perfect the rest of the time. The only exception is in the summer when it gets too hot in my room, and I've been quilting for several hours. Then I get the extra stitch. :mad: Fortunately it's seldom enough that I can live with it.

As for ease of movement, I am SO impressed with my machine. I did have to play with my wheel adjustments to get them where I like. I had a hard time seeing the narrow spot on my set nuts so I had DH mark a straight line going from the center of the hole to the outside, like a clock hand, on the narrow spot. It was easy for him to see it. I finally found her sweet spot and now have my wheels (all 4 nuts) set at 8 o clock exactly.

Originally posted by LTZQLTR

Hi!

I usually have a quilt loaded on my LA before I turn it on. Do I need to take the quilt off before I oil and WD40 the machine? Here is a pic of the sailboat quilt I made my new grandson for Christmas. I used pinwheels and sailboats with waves in the 9 patch and strip blocks and freehanded the outline of the appliqued sailboats.

Hi Debbie,

Your photo didn't come through (maybe too big?) can you resize and try to post it again? I would love to see your sailboat quilt. I am sure it is very cute.

PS: You don't need to remove a quilt to clean and oil your bobbin area. When you move the machine over so it's off beyond the edge of the quilt, just be careful not to overspray or drip on the quilt. I would lay a piece of cloth, scrap batting or clean rag on top of the quilt just in case of a splash over or drip while doing your cleaning routine. :)

Happy quilting.

Shana

Maybe this time it will go through. I received an error message that said" My SQL has encountered an unknown error. To find out the exact problem, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php." I haven't a clue what that means or where to fix it. I rebooted my computer, so maybe that fixed it. If not, I'll have to try again later.

Archived