Prodigy owners in Michigan?

A friend of mine owns a Prodigy and she has whacked her timing out and is ready to scream. I told her that I would ask here if there may be any owners in Michigan that could possibly help her out.

Sorry Prodigy owners but I have told her she just needs to sell it and get her a APQS. Our joke with each other.

Thanks

Sheryl,

I have a friend in Tecumseh that has a Prodigy. Roma Fogelsong. I don't know if she could help your friend or not. If you can't find her phone # let me know and I'll get in touch with her for you. I agree they both should just sell those Prodigys and give me a call I'm a Sales Rep in Mich and would love to sell them Millenniums!!!

Doesn't Prodigy have a service tech for her to call and help her out?

When I had my gammill, which I sold, I couldn't for the life of me get it timed. So I took it to my local sewing machine dealer (who deals with several brands and services machines) and he set the timing. I did call first to see if they would work on it for me. They were super and had it ready for me in 24 hours. I brought the manual and gave them the 800 number for gammill if they had problems.

I'm not sure how their service techs work. She said that if she gets the service person up here that they charge her $200 an hour. She came over and watched my machine on how the needle and the hook system went and she got it to working and then called last night and said it started to skip stitches then a loud bang and crashed. I'm going to call her this morning and see how she's doing.

Time it just like any other machine. The needle bar position may be different but Prodigy should be able to provide timing instructions. I have worked on many brands but never a Prodigy. I now only work on Nolting and APQS. I do not carry parts or metric tools for the Taiwan made Gammill although I get many calls to work on them (I do help the owners on the telephone).

I think $200/HR is very excessive.

I do not work on DSM's and have followed up domestic tech that tried to time a long arm. The DSM's run slower and the timing is not as critical. I have an agreement with the local service guy, I do not work on domestics and he does not work on longarms.

John

Tech support 417-437-6196

Charlie King should answer this. This is Prodigy tech support number. He can actually walk her thru this unless she doesn't want to try to fix it. If she doesn't have a manual, she can go to yahoo groups>prodigyquilter and download the manual and other articles...she can probably search the forum and find details on timing

If you lose the number go to prodigyquilter.com and click on contact

She has been trying to fix it and was on the phone with tech trying to figure it out. She purchased one of the very first one's they made and there are some differences even with her manual. Right now she is just really frustrated and they told her to find any longarm tech that would be closer to come and help her.

I'm so glad I got an APQS.

Archived