Can Anybody Tell Me If the Quilt Studio Is Available?

jallyblue

I have spent the last 2 hours searching the APQS web-site and the Forums and haven't gotten much information. I would think with a new computer and program they would contact people who have purchased the Millinium and give them the lastest and greatest sales pitch...

I am seriously considering buying the Quilt Studio, but can't find enough information to study up on it!:)

Hi Janis,

I'm sure you're just as anxious as the rest of us. The first system is going onto a machine close to APQS so they can do a good "field test". It's my understanding that this will happen very soon. You know APQS. They won't release any new product until it's "just right", no matter how much we whine at them! :P

"Stuff" happens in life, and it also happens to software programmers/developers. Unfortunately that can delay expected delivery dates by more than we'd like. BUT, we want to keep those programmers both healthy and happy! :)

I know that in the end, our patience will be well rewarded with a fantastic product.

If you want to get a head start, download Microsoft Visio (trial version) and start playing with the drawing tools and templates. When you draw something in Visio, you can immediately stitch it with Quilt Studio. I saw it with my very own eyes. BOY, do I wish I was an artist!! What fun that would be!

Thanks Darlene. I appreciate the response. I just looked up Microsoft Visio. Do I need anything else on my computer to make it work? This is the "...helping IT and business professionals worldwide visualize, analyze, and communicate complex information, systems and processes."????

Is it a drawing tool? Do I download it onto my regular computer now and then when I get a computer for my Melle I can use it on that too? Are these dumb questions?

Hi Janis

I'll jump in here for Darlene. Microsoft Visio is a sophisticated drawing programme and its free to download from the Microsoft site for a 3 month trial period. When your 3 months ends you can just download it again.

Its a standalone programme so you don't need anything else.

It will come ready loaded on your Quilt Studio computer.

And like they say - no questions are dumb questions - have fun creating your quilting designs.

Sue in Australia

Archived