I got a free haircut!

Makeover or Game for a Laugh…

Today I was invited by my hairdresser to be a model for a stylist from London who would be coming up to Aberdeenshire to demonstrate the latest cutting trends. Apparently she has no young and trendy clients as they are all too busy straightening their identical long straight hair. I thought I had better make an effort to wear something other than my ubiquitous striped fleece jumper to show that I might not be totally unfashionable (which I am!)

I wore a 3 year old blouse which was smarter than usual but as I feared, I was frozen until I got home and put my jumper back on.

I arrived to discover that the new trend involves only cutting with electric clippers. Rachel did a fantastic job as usual of the trimming, shaping etc.

However, she seems to think I’m a bit of a daredevil so she persuaded me to model the very latest thing involving clippers and for some unfathomable reason, I agreed…there is a shaved area on one side with a swirly pattern a bit like quilt meandering. I look like a teenaged boy or a Bronze Age warrior on one side only. I’m hosting a Quilters’ Guild event on Saturday and they are not that avant garde or mad on the whole!

post--13461901121833_thumb.jpg

Well, well...I'd say you are going to be daring until this grows in! Actually-sometimes we just need a push to find that inner rebel in us all. I say this rates a whole new wardrobe to go with it. I myself have a hairdo that is a bit off the wall and young for me, but I do get compliments on it so I'm hanging on to it as long as I can. You go, girlfriend!! Sally

Are you in shock? Or do YOU like it? I went to get a hair cut once and told the stylist to "be creative". Whoa! I wasn't meaning for him to be THAT creative. It took a while to grow out, but I learned not to use the "C" word again.

Pretty blouse! and I agree about the stained glass.

You look great! As a former stylist myself it is a good cut for you. You certainly will shake them up at the retreat. Don't be surprised if a few show up later with the same do. I always said that when a new cut came out, all the right people got it and it looked great, then about two-three months later all the "older" women wanted it and then they stayed with it forever. e.g. the curly perm! or now it's the buzz cut. I've seen more 65 plus women sporting it this last few years, but you know it makes them feel young and daring. I myself am down to a short middle-aged office looking white haired look. NO more afros' or mullets for me! Oh the memories!

Originally posted by DoryJM

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow....I'd love to do that to mine. It looks way cute on you!!

Right and then have your co-workers accuse you of not being off work for a hurt back but for walking North Virginia....I don't think so. Don't make me come to Nevada.....I'll have to hurt you.

It fits Linzi, but it won't work in Reno.....nope, wouldn't fit there at all. AND you missy Shana...don't you dare, dare her.....:P:P:P;)

You don't look convinced, but it does warn the world of the inner you. Or is that why you aren't looking convinced :) It works perfectly with the boots too. I really must get around to getting mine dyed again complete with skunk stripe. I just haven't had time since I took up this longarm lark :)

Thanks all. I do like it but it's a radical, scary do for these parts. My husband wondered why I do such strange things, one friend laughed out loud, the kids were surpsrisingly non-commital but the old lady quilters will be the amusing acid test which is why Ferret choked on her dinner... I would love to do Camden in my green boots, btw!

I do have a strange expression on my face since a) I was freezing to death and B) being laughed at... Big jumper is back on again today so I feel a lot more chipper (You must realise by now that we British quilters slip these little sayings in to fox you!;))

LINZI x

Archived