Standalone Bobbin Winder

Hi John:

I remember Connie mentioning the new Turbo bobbin winder at her maintenance class back in August here in Oregon.....I can't find it on the APQS website.....am I going blind???

I'm a gadget girl and maybe need to order it too...VBG!!!

Linda B.

Oregon

APQS Millennim

Originally posted by John Mitchell

APQS has a new stand-alone bobbin winder called the Turbo (it is fast). It is available thru your local dealer or APQS. If you would like a picture or more information contact us. We have the bobbin winder in stock and offer free shipping on accessories and supplies

OK...thanks. I would like the information on the winder including price and some pictures if possible

I have an old stand alone that came with my Ult II but it has never worked right, the gasket keeps sliding out of line and the motor just spins and no thread loaded.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Is it common? I think my Featherweight is beginning to resent being my stand in bobbin winder;)

Beth in Seattle

So do all the machines come with a bobbin winder now? I know my discovery didn't. Also

can anyone with the old bobbin winders use the bobbins with holes on one side? I have

32 of them and they are no use to me as I bought the turbo winder. Fortunately the Brother PQ1500 bobbins fit it and I have bought those now.

Ferret

housenextdoor:

If you will email me your email address I'll get back to you. You have u2u turned off and no email listed.

Ferett:

You might try taking a small screwdriver and bending the spring on the shaft out a little. We wind these bobbins everyday. We only use steel bobbins with the holes.

The Millie is the only machine that does not come with a stand alone bobbin winder since it is built in.

Thanks everyone,

John

l

Guest Linda S

Oh for gunny sacks! If you look on the main APQS page under supplies and accessories, you will see that this bobbin winder (which, by the way, I have heard is awesome) retails for $129.95. If you want one, order one!! ;) I like the turbo part -- my current winder takes its time. I'm not sure if this winder has the same feature as the older one, but if your bobbins are slipping, you need to insert a screwdriver into the middle of the post the bobbin slides onto and GENTLY expand the post a bit. Your bobbins will then just snug right on there.

Linda

I have the Turbo Winder & love it!:D When I first got it the bobbins were winding unevenly but with one quick adjustment to the tension (must of got out of alignment during shipping) based on the how to papers that came with it, it runs perfectly and I don't have any problems with it. I also use the solid metal bobbins with no holes as well as the metal bobbins with holes on the one side no problems with either.

Joann

Archived