Did you name your Machine?

Grammie

I had help naming my new one. After they seen what I could do with my new machine they started to call me the quilting fairy so was only fitting to call "him" "Tinkerbell". Yes, is a boy as he tries my patiences at times, but love every min. of fun he gives me running it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P Cute names! Love the stories that go with them. My Millennium is 10' long and my aunt's name was Alyce and she had bright red hair with long lashes covered in blue mascara (a 60's thing) and a determined disposition. Alyce seemed an appropriate name, especially after hearing the Jefferson Airplane song lyrics "go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall". My DH wants to rig the door to my longarm room with this song! Then every time I open it, the song will play. Have you ever had one of those songs lodged in your head? :P Think I'll have to make her some blue eyelashes.

Vicki

Well, my machine has been "Beasty" since the day I first fired her up, but she deserves something better now. I am having a hard time trying to come up with something. I think she will be Maggie after my great grandmother who was the quilter in our family, but my Gram (Evelyn) taught me to sew and my mom (Alice) was responsible for the house we put a second mortgage on to buy her, so they all three are very important and should have a voice but there is not any name I could come up with that involved all three that anyone could pronounce. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to here them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Milli's name is "Henrietta". One of my favorite chickens :) Also works well with the name of our business,- Red Hen Quilts. I have 6 grown children, but when they were young, people always said I looked like a mother hen with all her chicks following in lock-step behind her! :D Doesn't hurt that I also have red hair! Or at least Miss Clairols version these days!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sew and quilt in my basement which my 81 yo mother tells me is like a dungeon. To me it is cozy especially when I get the washer and dryer going. So, my Millie is the "BEAST" in the dungeon.

I could rename the Millie after my favorite grandmother, Rita. Nah, I kind of like the "BEAST".

Gail

After a lot of soul searching, I'm going to call her Betty Lou after the movie "The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag". At the first of the movie Betty Lou is homely and insecure, nothing special, but at the end she's dolled up and feeling pretty good about herself, hopefully like our quilts end up after we have done some magic to them! Also, my husband raised his eyebrows at "Fifi", so I thought I'd better tame the old girl down!

Very nice stories - had to get caught up on them all!!

Vicki - love the song idea ! Tell you husband to go for it! I still get to hear

the "Head, shoulders, knees and toes.... knees and toes....." MAN!! Does

that one ever get stuck in there!!

Oh and Marterial girl - not just in "Lord of the rings" but "My presious" was

said in "Silence of the Lambs" by the wacko holding his little doggie when

the girl was trapped in the well..... I am reading "Hannibal Rising" right now

so that came to mind first.....scary! Said by either critter!!

I named my millie Harley because I was able to talk my husband into getting her for my birthday after he'd bought himself a new Harley. He offered to get one for me, but I'm not into motorcycles so I said I'd rather have my own quilting machine and the rest is history!:P Janet

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.... I will tell you.... I am ashamed to say it but I have good reason behind what I did. I named my machine Jenny and the reason being that it is my sister in laws name and she is a you know what! And guess what so is my machine sometimes so I figured that if the name went her and she did what she did it should be the same for my machine! LOL... I know its bad but I figured they both earned the name!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived