double sided t-shirt quilt

I am getting ready to quilt a customer queen size quilt that is t=shirt top and bottom. I have already stabilized the t-shirts. Can anyone offer advice? Hopefully the sashing for both top and bottom will be in the same general area, using Hobbs 80/20 for batting. Will do meandering in body and rope borders.

I recently did a double-sided T-shirt quilt. It was very heavy with home-dec fabric for a border, on-point squares, and no sashing. A challenge to be sure! She still wanted batting in spite of the weight, so we used a thin poly, I loaded and as I quilted and advanced, I pinned the corners if the matching squares. Quilted with large loops instead of a meander. As I advanced to the bottom, it was pretty close to exactly matching so it is do-able. That thing weighed 12 pounds when she finished it. Great for a car cover or if you are lost in a blizzard!!

I've done lots of them and never a problem. I used bottom line in bottom and a 3 ply in the top. I used a panto for each one and they turned out great! Never a broken thread, never a tuck or pleat. It was fast and fun! Oh, I forgot to say I used white in the bobbin and a color (even red) in the top without one problem! You will just have fun!:D

Archived