hopping foot

Hi Ladies, ok so I'm stitching along and start to hear this rattle I have never heard before coming from the hopping foot area and or flywheel. Stitches look great so I finish the 2 rows I have left on a huge customer quilt and take the quilt off to investigate. So I check my video on maintenance and clean and oil all the moving parts. It is still making that sound. Does anybody know what it might be or has this happened to you.

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

Is it kind of a growly sound? Is it coming from the bobbin area and not the hopping foot? Does it continue after you have oiled the hook assembly ( bobbin basket)?? Does it continue without the bobbin case in?? If this is the case, it COULD be an air pocket in the grease in the gear chamber behind the hook assembly.

Unthread the machine and take out the bobbin case. Run the machine on manual at med speed and get down and listen. Is it kind of growly/rattley? It COULD be an air pocket and the grease needs to be repacked. This is not hard to do, you just need the grease from the factory.

I would definately call service and they can diagnose the problem over the phone and then get you taken care of.

Hope this helps.

Archived