newbie needing advice...

I have been lurking for two years and need help. First, I have just finished my first for hire quilt and see that the back of the quilt has loops from the tension being off. Do I frog it or give it as a freebie? The quilter knows this is my first quilt outside of doing my own. Second, I need simple ideas for the quilt being shown. it is my quilt so practice is possible and needed. Do I need to SID around all of the blocks and borders before starting the fillers? A lot of questions I know but the help is appreciated?

Thanks,

Kim

Kim,

I agree with Littleshoes. You don't want to have something out there even if the quilter knows it is your first. The good news is that it will frog quickly! On the other quilt, I always prefer to SID first and then fill. Just makes it lay so much better. You could do cc's in blocks first but don't fill until you've done some stitching to lock it in.

Definitely frog it.

I always try to remind myself of this quote someone wise said (probably here on this chat)

"You are only as good as your last quilt"

So go with that attitude and do your best work. Bad tension is baad. Very bad. I would definitely rip that out (rip this from the back where the bad tension is) it comes out quickly and easier that way. You will feel much better handing over a nicely quilted completed item.

If it looks bad to you regardless of the railroad track size. RIP IT RIP IT.

Good quote Shana.

I have had to do this on a queen before. I have never forgotten to check my tension again and hope I never do again. Remember your quilt will represent your talents when this person shows it to others. First impressions are lasting. This is why I don't do many big MEANDER quilts. I just don't want that to be what others see. Other than charity quilts I give these to someone else. Bordem doesn't work well for me. lol

Hugs and good luck

Grammie Tammie

Archived