Help Grammie with Bargello Quilting Suggestions

Well I finally get to do a Bargello quilt. 90 x 108. I have a few ideas of my own but would love some inspirational ideas from you gals. I can do as easy or hard as I want. She gave me some freedom but I think I want to challenge myself alittle. Nothing Boring. Not sure I will use compuquilter or not. I'm drafting some idea today. This is trade job. I was impressed with her piecing so she is making me one the same size for the Studio Bedrooms. She will be helping to get 15 quilt tops done over time. Some of the tops are being pieced to demostrate my Computerized designs. Funny but we are designing the tops to suit the designs instead of the other way around. lolol I love this top. I know this lady will show this quilt to everyone she knows so I want it to be a good one. Working on getting some business in Colorado.

Hugs

Grammie Tammie

post--13461901129605_thumb.jpg

Nadia that is just lovely. Those colors are WOW! I will share your pic if you don't mind if I need to show her some options. But like I said earlier she gave me a free pass on this one. lol I have looked at webshots and saw a few I like but not a quilting choice for me. Of all the tops I have done I haven't had a bargello. I hope I enjoy the process. lol

I cannot help but see feathers too. But NOT big ones. I really don't like quilting big ones. I can see something kinda like the flurry but I do mine smaller and they go in all directions. All of your ideas are great. Keep them coming. I cannot wait to load this top and get started but I never load until I know what I'm doing. lol I just keep quilting something else until it hits me then I don't sleep. lolol

Hugs

Grammie Tammie

wow what a beautiful top. Reminds me of glory. I really like Nadia's picture, great quilt Nadia, but I like the idea of feathers too. I would not have a clue what to do with a quilt like this other than drool and I don't think that would really look good. LOL

Tammie, your freehand designs are great, can you come up with a few different ones that kinda go together and use a different one in each section of color? ;ust follow the flow of the patter to imphasize that but soften it at the same time. - know you've go some of those digtized so you could use your CQ.

Archived